2016 Raptor

ackspac

For my friends at MTP,

I know the Raptor is now on the radar since my buddy took some pics from one going into the Detroit Auto show and rumor is its an EB 3.5L with 400HP.

My question is, is there plans for a 5.0 or other V8 engine?

That is what Im going to hold out for. Keeping fingers crossed!

Im not an EB type person for pick up trucks. At my plant I'd say about 90% of the EB F150 drivers complain about their mpg.

The 5.0 is a bullet proof engine, I just think it would be a better modified power plant for the Raptor plus the fact I know the service manager personally at my local dealership and listening to him about what they repair daily, I know the 5.0 is the better choice over all.

Back to the original question I asked though, not a debate.

Edited by ackspac

Im not an EB type person for pick up trucks. At my plant I'd say about 90% of the EB F150 drivers complain about their mpg.

The 5.0 is a bullet proof engine, I just think it would be a better modified power plant for the Raptor plus the fact I know the service manager personally at my local dealership and listening to him about what they repair daily, I know the 5.0 is the better choice over all.

Back to the original question I asked though, not a debate.

I disagree. My experience has been base engine, the 5.0 has had more internal engine concerns than the 3.5eb we service. Although neither is a bad engine. We have had issues with knocking 5.0 from egg shaped cylinder walls and CEL from oiling problems to the right side VCT. The 3.5 , which we sell a ton, does come in more for driveability concerns which are mostly spark plug issues.

We only replaced one long block from a failure on a 3.5EB and 3 long blocks on 5.0s. Not direct proof, just my experiences. I would not be afraid of either engine.

As far as the raptor goes, I could see where a V8 would be preferred for that truck. I loved the 6.2 in it, all 12mpg. But they do feel and sound good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...