• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
bdegrand

2015 F150 Paint cracking issue

Does anyone know about the paint cracking issue with the new truck? Rumor from an engineer claims passenger compartment is so airtight that when doors are slammed it is causing cracks in paint.

Sounds far fetched to me. If it was that air tight the windows would shatter too easily in a crash.

With the extreme microscope by everyone on this launch, they would/should have caught that very early on in the PP phase

Bobby - don't believe everything you read.

I agree. I want this truck to be a homerun for Ford.

Bobby - don't believe everything you read.

This right here...I read where someone had stated that 1000 trucks burnt up...Funny, I never noticed a firebomed wasteland outside the plant (well maybe to south where the steel mill is)...Haters going to hate and for some reason post fake info all over the internet...

Edited by DearbornDerek

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you never know which ones are real."

--Thomas Jefferson

That's totally fake.

It was George Washington.

Does anyone know about the paint cracking issue with the new truck? Rumor from an engineer claims passenger compartment is so airtight that when doors are slammed it is causing cracks in paint.

This has to be fake. If the paint in that area was so fragile, it would have cracked when Edmunds hit the box with a sledge hammer.

Always has been. When you have a good thing going, someone is looking for something negative about it.

With all of the testing this truck has gone through I would also find this very hard to believe. My kids usually slam the crap out of my vehicle doors so I should know fairly quickly if there is such an issue. I now know why my dad used to yell at me whenever I slammed the doors on our '79 Thunderbird! :)

Speaking of fire, here's what the first 2015 F-150 I've seen burned in a dealership fire looks like :(

2015.04.25   FORD OF BELLEVUE FIRE   TRUCK 2

2015.04.25   FORD OF BELLEVUE FIRE   TRUCK 3

Autonation Ford of Bellevue (WA state) on April 25th. Got woken up early in the morning by my wife, telling me to turn on the news. There was the dealership, on fire. Almost every F-150 they had was destroyed or rendered useless for sale in some way - the building is completely gone.

:stop:

Edited by Clint Woon

This right here...I read where someone had stated that 1000 trucks burnt up...Funny, I never noticed a firebomed wasteland outside the plant (well maybe to south where the steel mill is)...Haters going to hate and for some reason post fake info all over the internet...

Yeah.....no one was "speaking of fire"....

Ask any owner of a 97-99 F150 about cracks on the door and they would beg to differ on this being a possibility.

Ask any owner of a 97-99 F150 about cracks on the door and they would beg to differ on this being a possibility.

Different model entirely. Different materials used to build it and 15-20 years later, anything is bound to break down.

The paint didn't crack on the 97-03. The doors did. I have two cracked ones on my truck.