Ford set to bump some entry-level workers to top wages

Len_A

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/01/30/ford-uaw-entry-level-workers-exceed-cap/22612565/

Ford appears to have exceeded its cap on the number of entry-level UAW workers it is allowed under its union contract and will bump the most senior workers up to the top-tier wage as early as next week, the Detroit Free Press has learned.

That means an immediate raise of $9 an hour for some workers hired by Ford in 2011.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this LEN_A. This was the first I heard they were actually going to transition entry level up in pay. I've been curious for a long time to find out if those transitioning up in pay would go straight to $28.48 or have to progress over time. If the article you linked is correct than its a instant jump up to max pay which is fantastic! I been keeping track of the reports my self over at: http://uawford.org/entrylevel/

To bad I've still got a little over 3000 entry level employees above me. I'm happy for those finally getting there though!

• Like 1

Well then don't expect a raise in this contract. Cause this is all we going to get !

MTP'er.......I'm very glad of the raise, however, I agree with you on this one, timming is everything. This was a "brilliant" way to set the stage by the UAW and the Company, a pre-contract raise! Garanteed voters will pass the contract. Just my .02. Congrats to all who got a raise!

• Like 1