Black Interior gets grey headliner? :(

Clint Woon

Little damper in my excitement for my order (25 days out) is that I find out my dealership didn't know what they were talking about today.

- Blue Jeans Metallic (no sport appearance package)

- Black Interior

- Chrome Appearance Package

That's all the color information I had from Ford.com or the Dealership when I ordered it, but I'm hearing from other owners they were upset too to find out that "black interior" actually means "black and grey interior." Grey headliner shows dirt really easily, especially with little kids putting their hands on the pillars and the ceiling (not to mention the occasional flick from a juice box straw).

Does anyone know if I can interrupt the factory order and have them put on a black headliner? It's an available part through the dealership which I can have installed afterwards, but it's another $1k to do that, more if they have to remove the back window to get the old one out and the new one in. Even if they were willing to send a black headliner kit to my dealership in exchange for the grey one, I'd be extremely grateful, but I have this fantasy in my mind that the truck is still in production and someone can just push a button to make it so...

/hopingpleaseohplease someone on this forum knows where to go.

- Left a message for the Ford Social Team that has been providing build updates.

- Left a message for the Ford Customer Care regional manager who was working with me to make sure my truck would be delivered to my dealer, despite their primary building burning down.

Am I the only one who thinks Grey Headliners are a bad idea and that "black interior" should mean an all-black interior?

Edited by Clint Woon