2016 Explorers. Are they being shipped yet?

I was at the dealer a month ago about to get a 2015 explorer.. I did all my research... While I was there a guy from ford was there with the 2016 showing the sales guys... My sales guy invited me to look... Once I seen it I canceled that 2015!!

So I'm waiting in NYC for the 2016 ... I have seen endless window stickers... I know there has to be a bunch made already... Can someone confirm on them being shipped out already...

Thanks a lot !!!!

Meaning they won't be reaching dealers until the beginning of August? I could maybe believe that if the OK to buy isn't given for a couple more weeks plus shipping delays, but if they're already a couple or more weeks into job 1 then I don't see why it should take that long unless they ran into big problems.

Meaning they won't be reaching dealers until the beginning of August? I could maybe believe that if the OK to buy isn't given for a couple more weeks plus shipping delays, but if they're already a couple or more weeks into job 1 then I don't see why it should take that long unless they ran into big problems.

AFAIK it took a month for the OK to buy for the 15 Focus to be given, so it wouldn't surprise me if it took that long for the Explorer. These things vary

Job #1 for the 2016MY Explorer was on 05/04/2015 so it's only been a couple of weeks but I have trouble believing that the new 2016's won't arrive at dealerships until August as some are reporting. The changes aren't all that big from a production standpoint so I'll be surprised if the "OK to Buy" status isn't achieved in the next couple of weeks, meaning mid-June. If so, dealers should start receiving units a few weeks afterwards and possibly before the plant shutdown for the week of 06/29.

Dealer orders will certainly start showing up before August, but it's highly likely that a custom order won't arrive before August. Custom orders don't start getting scheduled until after the OK to buy is achieved. If that happens early June, you are probably looking at production mid July and delivery in early August.

We have (3) 2016 Explorers at the plant with two showing "Produced" status and one showing "Awaiting Shipment" status. It looks like the "Awaiting Shipment" vehicle is in a holding lot and has not yet reached "Released" status necessary to actually start moving.

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...