Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

@akirby....only to be replaced by something hotter....lol. And in reality, everyone thought the same about the Raptor.....you can thank export for keeping demand/ addendums up on that truck

Raptor addendums don't seem to be bad. Most that I've seen just sell at or slightly (very slightly) below MSRP.

I recently saw an FX4 'Raptor' at a dealer for $70k. It was a custom build of an FX4 to look like a Raptor. Looked like crap, and definitely not a Raptor...and $15k more to boot!

raptors hold 5k over here is So Cal, and were pretty consistant, and actually went to $7500 as they dried up, I believe that's a reflection of the market here moreso than anything else, FWIW, I have ALREADY received a 3rd party request from an acquaintance stating he is a player at MSRP on the GT350...WHAT ARE INDIVIDUALS ACTUALLY THINKING.... ?

raptors hold 5k over here is So Cal, and were pretty consistant, and actually went to $7500 as they dried up, I believe that's a reflection of the market here moreso than anything else, FWIW, I have ALREADY received a 3rd party request from an acquaintance stating he is a player at MSRP on the GT350...WHAT ARE INDIVIDUALS ACTUALLY THINKING.... ?

So if someone was going to offer you say $55k to buy the car outright (or order it for them) you would be ah fuck it, I know I can get another 5-10K off some other sucker?

using the word sucker is naive....what would YOU sell your used car or house for when the market for it was significantly higher and you knew you could get more ...that makes the buyer in tune with the market and WANTS the item a sucker...fact...he will be the one driving the car and waving at you as he passes by while you are waiting for a "bargain' on an item hard to shop......OBO rules in this scenario, always has, always will...and those that don't like it miss out. Also, good luck on ordering, less so at MSRP.....less than 200 cars nationwide for 2015...MSRP offers will be politely declined.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

I recall the GT, MSRP $165K if I remember rightly, they too had Addendums and didn't move< I personally think it was an overly bold move of Fords act initially, but hey that's my opinion....now they are going through Auctions for over 1 1/2 times over MSRP....so is that consumer addendum????? But once again...dealers are evil.....lotta double standards out there....

The GMI fans are at sixes and sevens over which engine for Z28 if the 7.0 V8 is canceled.

While some suggest a blown 6.2 (ZL1?), I suspect a hotter version of DI 6.2 can get there.

So a non-AFM 6.2 that produces 520 HP and 460 lb ft sounds about right.

The GMI fans are at sixes and sevens over which engine for Z28 if the 7.0 V8 is canceled.

While some suggest a blown 6.2 (ZL1?), I suspect a hotter version of DI 6.2 can get there.

So a non-AFM 6.2 that produces 520 HP and 460 lb ft sounds about right.

The 7.0 is gone I believe. IMO they should offer a more mass produced 7.0 (as the current motor is at some points hand made)

and thrown it into the SS, trucks and Cadillac models.

The 7.0 is gone I believe. IMO they should offer a more mass produced 7.0 (as the current motor is at some points hand made)

and thrown it into the SS, trucks and Cadillac models.

probably find that the forced induction route gives much more as an add on to existing engines.

Kudos to Ford for developing an lovely FPC 5.2 V8, I wonder if this inspires GM to do a FPC Gen 5 engine..

Edited by jpd80

using the word sucker is naive....what would YOU sell your used car or house for when the market for it was significantly higher and you knew you could get more ...that makes the buyer in tune with the market and WANTS the item a sucker...fact...he will be the one driving the car and waving at you as he passes by while you are waiting for a "bargain' on an item hard to shop......OBO rules in this scenario, always has, always will...and those that don't like it miss out. Also, good luck on ordering, less so at MSRP.....less than 200 cars nationwide for 2015...MSRP offers will be politely declined.

If someone wants buy one of the 200 or so cars that are going to be out in 2015 and pay more then MSRP, hey thats fine with me (IMO stupid too), but what about waiting 6 months when there is 5k GT350/350R's on the market in 2016? That's the point I was making. This isn't a GT type situation where its going to be limited to 250 cars a year for a few years.

As for the housing thing, hey that hasn't happened in years and housing pricing was artificially inflated from easy money for loans with people expecting the housing prices to never come down. Doesn't quite work the same way with a fungible item like a car.

silvr...there WONT be 5000, even if it is , that's 2.5 cars per year per dealer......for the whole year of 2016.....my bet is approx. 3000, and considering theres 2000 Ford dealers approx...what does that tell you....answer...deal at MSRP, chance STILL slim....and I will counter you on the housing...some people are in LOVE with their houses and consequently ask more than market....no difference IMO than what some consumers think their trade in is worth or dealers addendums on low volume cars.

Look at it this way - if the market for the car is $10K above MSRP and you force dealers to sell at MSRP, the people who want the cars will still pay $10K above MSRP they'll just be paying it to scalpers instead of the dealer.

@akirby....bingo...SOMEONE will make money on a limited production product, be it a car or anything else...in the case of the car, why not the dealer? he spends millions on his facility AND has liability...apparently that's unethical, yet a speculator can turn the car and put a wad of thousands in his own pocket and that's ok. After the Ferrari store, my eyes opened...Ferrari frowns on over MSRP transactions...yet the cars were being flipped for double MSRP by speculators...easy money...dealers countered...you will now fing 2 mile bnever driven Ferraris that are pre-registered and sold USED, for MSRP plus.

silvr...there WONT be 5000, even if it is , that's 2.5 cars per year per dealer......for the whole year of 2016.....my bet is approx. 3000, and considering theres 2000 Ford dealers approx...what does that tell you....answer...deal at MSRP, chance STILL slim....and I will counter you on the housing...some people are in LOVE with their houses and consequently ask more than market....no difference IMO than what some consumers think their trade in is worth or dealers addendums on low volume cars.

I doubt that's how the allocation will go (i.e. 2.5 cars per dealer)... very stupid way for Ford to do it.

Look at BMW M3... similar number allocated to the US this year but dealer allocation is based on previous volumes. So some dealers have plenty of production slots and they will do MSRP if you order one in advance. If you want one right now for an in-stock unit, sure... you are going to pay above MSRP.

Now I understand there are a lot more Ford dealers than BMW dealers... but how many Ford dealers are SVT (or Ford Performance) certified?

Edited by bzcat