Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

just averaging BZcat....after all, life's a law of averages no?...and I truly doubt, unless someone has pictures of a dealer principal in an uncompromising position, or personally knows a Dealer, even dealers that get 5 or 6 for the YEAR, there's anyone that will make the bonehead decision to pass one off at MSRP, order or no order....there's no need, and that someone will end up making a profit either immediately by flipping, or at Barrett Jackson 10 years from now...sorry to bust peoples balls over this, and dis-agree with what I perceive as pipe dreams and I don't condone addendums..but...I UNDERSTAND THEM and why they happen...PS, M3s are sold over list on a regular basis as well...but Im guessing you know that..

02Mustang...I will believe it when I see it, but please revisit my post...2.5 units average per dealer...there most likely will be SOME sold at MSRP ( loyal customers, dealers buddies etc ) but a majority will be above MSRP...and that said, lets get to semantics...out of 5500 cars, 500 are R's...ONLY 500....MSRP cars..no. So that leaves 5000, theres 8 colors with 3 packages, only other options are black roofs, stripes and Yellow. we ALREADY have a list, do you think if theres alist before ordering has even started most dealers will even consider MSRP....remains to be seen...me, I know through years of experience, chances are EXCEEDINGLY slim....5-10k over would be my guess, possibly more for the 2015s ( even worse given the 50 year anniversary title ) Hate what I am saying all you want, that's from a DEALERS perspective. Edit....possibility if theres a straggler at year end...dice roll, or the Chinese haven't snapped it up yet....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

@akirby, now that I can agree with....however, will Ford just leave well enough alone, or make model changes....whos to say the GT350 will continue production for longer than a year or so?...speculation...but theres always the GT500 rumor?.....

all I know right now, is we cant keep our hands on the lowly eco boost Mustangs and cant get enough of them ( LOT of Asian buyers and inevitable exporters ) watching the Gt350s exploits will be interesting for sure...Havent seen this much hype ( barring the GT ) for 20 years, and that includes the Shelbys...sign of better economic status...maybe.

FWIW, I believe this car will get a LOT of conquest buyers from certain brands/ models that never would have considered a Mustang before...M3/M4, Audi S4, GASP....vette fanbois, of course im speculating a tad as the car hasn't been tested yet, but comments such as this , WILL spark interest from groups that only ever poo pooed domestics before...the engine outdoes the Ferrari California.....consequently, demand may be increased due to the fact its not just ford fans anymore.

Dean, I did not say the cars would be sitting. But they will be had at or below MSRP within 18 months. Unless the GT350 breaks the cycle of the 03-04 Cobras and the GT500 of recent. And you can bet that Ford did not develop a FPC 5.2L for a one or two model year run. The Shelby name will rule the Ford Performance engineered Mustangs.

Dean, I did not say the cars would be sitting. But they will be had at or below MSRP within 18 months. Unless the GT350 breaks the cycle of the 03-04 Cobras and the GT500 of recent. And you can bet that Ford did not develop a FPC 5.2L for a one or two model year run. The Shelby name will rule the Ford Performance engineered Mustangs.

Same thing happened with the GT500...I fully expect idiots to pay more for it for the gotta have its, but if I was going to get one, I have no problem waiting a year or two till the demand comes down.

As for allocation...spliting the production run across all Ford dealerships would be stupid. There are areas where a 50K+ Mustang wouldn't sell and would rot on the lot. The more affluent areas would get more and Ford dealer in the middle of run down Louisiana that is just scraping by wouldn't be a primary destination