Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

How about use it in that mythical longitudinal AWD SUV previously imagined? Wasn't there some talk of a Lincoln Range Rover competitor. With enough gears in the transmission and maybe a cam change to pump up the low end a little maybe it would work.

@jvpbs...my guess is the eco boost would be more likely to be utilized in that configuration....

I'd think an EB would be more likely too. But if were looking for another place to put the 5.2, a FPC V8 would certainly be a selling point if Lincoln were going to sell something that could be approching 6 figures.

fuzzy...put that engine and recreate the Lightning...I bet that would change....Ford did relase there were going to be 12 performance vehicles released, correct?....anyone keeping count?...

Yeah, I was joking. I couldn't remember the keyword for the stir the pot emoticon

• Like 1

Interesting conversation here and speculation regarding GT350 production volume, pricing, etc. Deanh knows the business very well and I think we share similar views on many if not nearly all the Forum topics that we participate in. I just tried searching the FMCDealer.com portal for specific information regarding GT350 allocation but as Deanh can testify, the search function at FMCDealer.com is often an effort in futility!

The Shelby program is not treated as a separate franchise agreement as it was years ago. Every Dealer can participate but they must meet the program certification criteria including at least one Shelby certified sales representative plus specific service department requirements. The dealer enrollment covers a two year period (2 Model Years) plus an annual fee to participate which provides product brochures, marketing materials, etc.

Dealers who complete the certification process will be eligible for the following allocation:

• One unit for any Dealer that enrolls in the program and completes the certification requirements.
  • Remaining production will be based on Retail Sales Share of Nation (Mustang) formula. This will be determined once Dealer certification has been completed.

The above is a slight change from the Shelby allocation program for recent years but is nothing that will materially change Shelby allocation and/or distribution.

Using the Ford Vehicle Locator tool, it shows that there are actually 3,118 Ford Dealers in the USA. I don't think that Deanh is far off using an average of 2.5 vehicles per Dealer based on his estimate of there being roughly 2,000 Ford Dealers. I think that it's realistic to estimate Shelby GT350 production of about 5,000 vehicles per year. With each participating Dealer getting (1) GT350 that would mean about 2,000 additional units to take care of the high volume market areas, etc. with a small number for additional allocation.

There are a lot of Shelby customers that want a specific vehicle configuration (Color/Trim/Options) that are willing to search and/or travel a distance to get the vehicle they desire. In other cases, there are a lot of Dealers in smaller or more rural markets that will get cars but not be in a market that has much demand. Those Dealers often keep their Shelby's for a time and then are willing to sell them to other Dealers at MSRP and still make a healthy profit on the transaction. The receiving Dealer then marks up the price accordingly. I know from my own experience as a few years ago our store bought a Shelby GT500 from a Dealer in Wisconsin for one of our customers here in CT.

Hope this information helps the conversation here and answers some questions.

If Ford is going to use the 5.2 in anything else, it should be a Lincoln. I'm not sure what, but not the Navigator.

Such a move would show that Ford is serious about Lincoln as a brand without costing big bucks since the engine already exists. And Lincoln would get something really special relative to its competitors.

They might buy one turned into a Bronco...

One is right. Maybe two.

Ask yoda how FJ sales are. What percentage of Wrangler sales are Unlimiteds?

May as well make Lincoln a modern 70s era luxo barge, and a new Ford wagon as well.

Ford is not GM.

One is right. Maybe two.

Ask yoda how FJ sales are. What percentage of Wrangler sales are Unlimiteds?

May as well make Lincoln a modern 70s era luxo barge, and a new Ford wagon as well.

Ford is not GM.

FJ was discontinued (or maybe that was your point).

May as well make Lincoln a modern 70s era luxo barge

Um........

0.jpg

010.jpg

What blows my mind about all this is that the public reaction to the unabashed cossetting of the Continental has been enormous. It seems like an idea whose time has come. Again.

This new Continental? It's a modern-day luxo barge. Granted, it's going to ride so much better than the 70s Marks, and there's a lot more genuine luxury in the new Continental, but this is still, unquestionably, a vehicle that is intended to pamper first, and perform second.

Edited by RichardJensen

Um........

0.jpg

010.jpg

What blows my mind about all this is that the public reaction to the unabashed cossetting of the Continental has been enormous. It seems like an idea whose time has come. Again.

This new Continental? It's a modern-day luxo barge. Granted, it's going to ride so much better than the 70s Marks, and there's a lot more genuine luxury in the new Continental, but this is still, unquestionably, a vehicle that is intended to pamper first, and perform second.

I also actually really like the blue interior too for what it's worth haha.

There's always been a market for a big huge comfy car full of bells and whistles. It's something that's uniquely American and something BMW or Lexus isn't going to be able to imitate.

Like it or not, the late Town Car served this market well and that's who Lincoln legacy customer base is. Since Cadillac and Lincoln abandoned it, there really haven't been any available in the market. If it's done right, the new Continental could be a big success. I'm just not so sure about the platform though. Everything even remotely related to D3 has been underwhelming when it comes to rear seat space.

That car is not remotely related to D3.

And, having been in several first gen. D3 products, as well as the second row of the Flex, I can tell you that relating the shortcomings of Taurus & MKS second row accommodations to the PLATFORM are wrong. Really wrong.

Edited by RichardJensen

I'll admit I know little about what's underneath the new Continental so I hope you're right. I'll also admit you may very well be right about the Taurus, Flex, and MKS. Its just that the platform is the only excuse that makes sense for the tight back seats in those things. If it's not limited by the platform, why didn't Ford give it a bigger back seat? I mean they're supposed to full-size - the rear seat matters in that class.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

I'll admit I know little about what's underneath the new Continental so I hope you're right. I'll also admit you may very well be right about the Taurus, Flex, and MKS. Its just that the platform is the only excuse that makes sense for the tight back seats in those things. If it's not limited by the platform, why didn't Ford give it a bigger back seat? I mean they're supposed to full-size - the rear seat matters in that class.

If you haven't been in the back seat of a Five Hundred or the second row of a Flex, you have no idea what you're talking about. I have. The problem isn't the platform it's the roofline of the Taurus/MKS.

It was basically like floating down the road in a cloud. Perhaps you meant 'handle' better. I could go along with that statement.

Yeah. And then you went over an expansion joint and spent the next hundred yards fighting off sea-sickness. And before you reply, my folks had a '72 Galaxie and an '80 LTD. I know all about how well those floaty suspensions handled abrupt surface changes.