Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

akirby...you guys keep missing this statement "TWO YEARS"....that's a LOT of time to get rid of any leftover Shelbys don't ya think?.....sorry guys, I will agree to dis-agree...calling it as I see it, or in this case as I witnessed it...PAST TENSE.

akirby...you guys keep missing this statement "TWO YEARS"....that's a LOT of time to get rid of any leftover Shelbys don't ya think?.....sorry guys, I will agree to dis-agree...calling it as I see it, or in this case as I witnessed it...PAST TENSE.

You don't think a $20K ADP had SOMETHING to do with it?

Why would anyone pay $88K for a car that other people were buying for $68K?

20k over?....sorry didn't see that.....do the dealerships all have yellow brick roads to the showrooms?.....we were freaking we had a 50th anniversary here for 4 months...flooring. Mind you, our Dealer principal is very conservative...our 94th anniversary proves that point....

The local dealer here has never been bad about adding big dealer mark ups to their cars. They got a couple of the 50th Anniversary Mustangs and sold them at pretty much sticker price.

• Like 1

Akirby is right Dean. $20k over sticker for a two year old car is ridiculous. You'd have to be a world class moron to pay it. Roll off the lot and assume about 50 to 60 grand of negative equity. Frankly I'd be surprised if banks would finance the car at the asking price. Potential buyers would probably have to come up with a huge down payment to make it worth even financing.

didnt happen here, I swear, they all meet together, its called the 20 group, and Im pretty sure the question of addendums on vehicles comes up, and they all seem to be in the same ballpark. I believe ours sold at 10k over, im VERY apprehensive of what will be tagged on the 350s, Im hearing 10 again, but I sincerely would not be surprised if some try for 25....which, IMO is over the top.........

Edited by Deanh

oh, I agree its ridiculous, but missing the point, 20k is the ASKING price, and would most likely be the starting point....and IMO the dealer asking that thinks he has a crown jewel or a screw loose....then again...go shop him right?...that may be his thinking, he has a collectible...sadly no, they are all over the used market. He would need close to a cash buyer I would think..and we all know theres a huge pool of those for the asking price on a two year old vehicle that, as Ive said, lost its desirability...car may sit for a few more and become Barrett Jackson bound.

akirby...you've missed my point...car lost its desirablity...if it WAS still desirable the 20k wouldn't be an issue,,,GTs are now going upwards of 100k over their original MSRP for instance....find a new one of those for the orig $165k. Granted, that car has BECOME more desirable....think the GT500 will follow in those footsteps?...maybe the stocking dealer thinks so...I think hes a few years late to the party.

akirby...you've missed my point...car lost its desirablity...if it WAS still desirable the 20k wouldn't be an issue,,,GTs are now going upwards of 100k over their original MSRP for instance....find a new one of those for the orig $165k. Granted, that car has BECOME more desirable....think the GT500 will follow in those footsteps?...maybe the stocking dealer thinks so...I think hes a few years late to the party.

It lost its desirability AT $20K OVER STICKER! My guess, it's rather desirable at MSRP or just below, but the dealer doesn't realize that.

20k is not the only reason...one more time....if it was desirable, the 20k would be paid....and it still wouldn't be on a lot for 700 days plus............the car lost its desirability...nothing more nothing less, addendum or no addendum...that's just salt in a two year old wound. I could have a new Raptor here and still get over MSRP...or a GT....that would fetch 100k over...

Edited by Deanh

It's safe to say if they really wanted to get rid of them then they wouldn't be advertising them at $20K over sticker.

No kidding. PT Cruisers went over MSRP at first. That didn't last long though. No was trying to sell them a year later for 3k over.

20k is not the only reason...one more time....if it was desirable, the 20k would be paid....and it still wouldn't be on a lot for 700 days plus............the car lost its desirability...nothing more nothing less, addendum or no addendum...that's just salt in a two year old wound. I could have a new Raptor here and still get over MSRP...or a GT....that would fetch 100k over...

1) Could you get $20k over on a Raptor right now?

2) Were dealers getting $100k over on the GT at the end of its production run?

Of course not. Therefore neither comparison is appropriate.

Edited by RichardJensen

you guys ar too focused on one moron asking stupid money over...theres MORE than one GT500 avail out there, and has been for 2 years...think they are all 20k over..no, but they are still sitting, Raptor last one was $7500 over, 4 months ago... think I will have any sitting here in 2 years?...no, theres still demand and desirability. And you have mis-construed the GT comparison...point was...will the GT500 be going for over MSRP any time in the future?....nope. ( wont mention the fact neither will raptors as that would dilute my point )

you guys ar too focused on one moron asking stupid money over...theres MORE than one GT500 avail out there, and has been for 2 years...think they are all 20k over..no, but they are still sitting, Raptor last one was $7500 over, 4 months ago... think I will have any sitting here in 2 years?...no, theres still demand and desirability. And you have mis-construed the GT comparison...point was...will the GT500 be going for over MSRP any time in the future?....nope. ( wont mention the fact neither will raptors as that would dilute my point )

Dean - You obviously didn't read my previous posts.

There are only NINE 2014 GT500s left in the entire country.

Nine.

Neuf.

One less than 10.

They built over 5000 of them and only 9 are left.

Raptor last one was $7500 over, 4 months ago

That's funny. Friend of mine bought his for less than MSRP almost two years ago (Octoberish 2013). Granted it was white which was probably not the most popular color. Still, he wasn't even shopping for a Raptor. Sales rep talked him into it.

Edited by RichardJensen

Rich, my point exactly, when supplies dry up, or production is halted on Halo models, prices adjust and usually all are sold...the very fact there are ANY gt500s still avail at all should be exyremely surprising addendum or not....its not, I watched interest wane severely in its last product year, that never happened with the Raptor...we literally bought units from dealers outside of California to supply demand and still fetched over MSRP. Surely we can agree that if a car is in short supply AND high demand then one should expect MSRP or above no?....we discounted the crap out of our last run of Shelbys....there was no addendums because the market didn't bare it...like I said, interest had basically dried up...