Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

PEOPLE ALWAYS FLIP OUT AT PRICING...I don't think theres been a year yet I haven't witnessed sticker shock....$73000 trucks...crazy, but sign of the times, its just a matter of time before 10 year financing...me, I don't want to wrap money up in a car until other debts are handled, but I see crazy payments leaving the dealership, i rightfully don't know how some cope, debt to income ratios I witness have my eyebrows LEAVING my forehead...

Then substitute short supply with high demand for desirable, easier to comprehend ? After all since we were talking about GTs, GT350s, GT500 ( and how it lost its luster, agree or in your usual pattern disagree because theres still some left after 2 years ) and Raptor...I would have thought it was readily apparent....Im not the one stirring the pot here.

But "limiting" production also harms the development of these said cars....Yeah, Ford can limit production of say the GT350 to 2500 units a year to keep ADP and Dealer ADMs high on them, but will they ever recoop the development of the Flat Plane 5.2L V8 in it? I don't think so.

I have no problem with ADM's for the gotta have it people at first, but they stifle demand of the product, where you have problems moving them 24 months after the product has stopped production like what's been going on with these GT500's....there no way that any sane person is going to even pay sticker on a car like that now.

PEOPLE ALWAYS FLIP OUT AT PRICING...I don't think theres been a year yet I haven't witnessed sticker shock....$73000 trucks...crazy, but sign of the times, its just a matter of time before 10 year financing...me, I don't want to wrap money up in a car until other debts are handled, but I see crazy payments leaving the dealership, i rightfully don't know how some cope, debt to income ratios I witness have my eyebrows LEAVING my forehead...

Well people just look at the monthly payment and that's it...and well that also could be a problem too!

IMO I don't really want to be paying for a car for more then 5 years since with the way I've driven in the past, its going to need replacing by then since I'll have well over 150K on it.

Would you prefer to see ten year financing or more use of leasing with guaranteed residual and get the customer into two or three new vehicles in that time.

Seems like the longer you have a vehicle the more the wear down on parts, maybe good for dealerships and long termed fixed price servicing contracts?

Not sure who would benefit more from those two scenarios and why.....

Edited by jpd80

Would you prefer to see ten year financing or more use of leasing with guaranteed residual and get the customer into two or three new vehicles in that time.

Seems like the longer you have a vehicle the more the wear down on parts, maybe good for dealerships and long termed fixed price servicing contracts?

Not sure who would benefit more from those two scenarios and why.....

Ten year financing isn't far off and is already applicable in some purchases. Currently it is not uncommon to see 84 month purchases as Deanh pointed out.

Agree to an extent Slvr, but the gt350s a different beast altogether the the GT500, has one wondering how extreme the 50s replacement will be.....overkill IMO. As for pricing, and hopefully this answers yours and JPd80 query....leasing is becoming a larger and larger % of transactions for obvious reasons...everyone wants that 45000 vehicle with a payment of a 25000 vehicle and warrantys not an issue.....most likely the reason 80-90% of German "luxury" brands are leased rather than purchased....( that' and the realization if you buy the car you are basically flushing 50% of its MSRP down the toilet )

Edited by Deanh

Blackhorse...I don't believe any of the Germans, ESPECIALLY the UBER priced 100k plus models maintain good resale...great buy second hand fore those that need the ego massage of a german nameplate...

... and hopefully have a specialized mechanic in the family.

(... only reason I didn't buy a used German SUV when I was shopping last year. And there were options. Desirable, but not worth it to me.)

• Like 1

Blackhorse...I don't believe any of the Germans, ESPECIALLY the UBER priced 100k plus models maintain good resale...great buy second hand fore those that need the ego massage of a german nameplate...

Agreed. Nothing against Porsche quality wise. They make reliable solid cars. What they don't do is change the look of their 911, . . . ever. As a result the resale value is a rock in a pond. Why buy a new 911 model when you can buy one 3 to 8 years old with low miles for far less money and nobody can tell the difference.

You take the Porsche in the link for instance.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Porsche-911-d404#listing=109143607

A 2012 911 Carrera S with 16k miles for $66,552. This is a car that starts at $98,900 new. Why would anyone buy a new one when you can get an essentially brand new one for 1/3rd less?

Edited by BlackHorse

Ive seen 100k plus Mercedes with 12000 Blue Books.....we had an older Cayenne trade in a while ago...I really don't know why all the Magazines fuss so much...drove it, really nothing special, and the switchgear was cheaper looking than anything I have seen in a Ford....

Edited by Deanh

Ive seen 100k plus Mercedes with 12000 Blue Books.....we had an older Cayenne trade in a while ago...I really don't know why all the Magazines fuss so much...drove it, really nothing special, and the switchgear was cheaper looking than anything I have seen in a Ford....

A lot of cars get a lot of fuss made over them that aren't worth the hype. Look at the FR-S / GT-86. It's priced in loaded Mustang V6 to entry level Mustang GT terrirtory and either one of those cars will and have easily outperformed it, . . . even with the live axle.

Currently sales of the FR-S are in the cellar. Toyota is great at making reliable transportation but they think their crap don't stink and it's reflected in their pricing. What they are not great at is making a sports coupe that is competitively priced. The FR-S should have a starting price of 19 to 20K because that is about all it's worth. The interior is horribly cheap as well.

But this is just one example among many.

A lot of cars get a lot of fuss made over them that aren't worth the hype. Look at the FR-S / GT-86. It's priced in loaded Mustang V6 to entry level Mustang GT terrirtory and either one of those cars will and have easily outperformed it, . . . even with the live axle.

Currently sales of the FR-S are in the cellar. Toyota is great at making reliable transportation but they think their crap don't stink and it's reflected in their pricing. What they are not great at is making a sports coupe that is competitively priced. The FR-S should have a starting price of 19 to 20K because that is about all it's worth. The interior is horribly cheap as well.

But this is just one example among many.

Correct.

The early FR-S/BRZ buyers were the ones who were obviously going to buy the car, so that was a built-in market.

Now Toyobaru has to figure out how to actually sell the car against the rest of the market, and there's no good reason to buy it.

Correct.

The early FR-S/BRZ buyers were the ones who were obviously going to buy the car, so that was a built-in market.

Now Toyobaru has to figure out how to actually sell the car against the rest of the market, and there's no good reason to buy it.

Especially now with an all new Miata coming later this year

its threefold...for one its a starting point, the other is its a deterrent that winds people up that would never buy the car to begin with...thirdly, I REALLY doubt it will sell for that.

Edited by Deanh

I paid over market for one of my houses as well, guess what....I OWN it, and now it has equity. Same for people at Art Auctions...you must think they are looney as well...Barrett Jackson must be hysterical to you.....and don't mention Faberge eggs, unopened Cabbage patch Dolls etc etc...

I paid over market for one of my houses as well, guess what....I OWN it, and now it has equity. Same for people at Art Auctions...you must think they are looney as well...Barrett Jackson must be hysterical to you.....and don't mention Faberge eggs, unopened Cabbage patch Dolls etc etc...

Hey value is something someone assigns to it....I have a coworker who buys nothing but used cars because he doesn't want car payments, which is commendable, but yet he goes out and buys old (15-20 years old) German cars that are beat to shit that don't even have any cache that they would have new and I'd hate to be on the hook if something major goes wrong with them.

Personally I'd rather have a new or newer car (3-5 years old) that is reliable that only needs typical mantainace on it like wear and tear items, just for the piece of mind that I know I have something that is reliable.

then based on your comment, perhaps you should refrain from labeling people that pay premiums for low volume as "suckers".......annoys me, but I understand fluctuation of market values...and Im envious of those that can afford such desirable objects as the GT350...regardless of what they pay...suckers NO...enjoying the car...YES.

• 2 weeks later...