2016 Order build date questions

I ordered a F350 Early June and got a Vin. On the paper with the vin it say's build week of July 27th. When do they release the actual build date? Also the ETA to dealer? And the Window sticker. Does all this get released the same time?I don't want to ask too early and can't anyway due to I don't have many posts about this stuff.

I have a great trip planned to leave 3 week in August so this is close. I tried to have it ordered June 1st but the salesman was busy and didn't get it done until June 8th..

Edited by truckinguy

Your Dealer should have all of the information (actual build date, Dealership ETA, etc.) via their status update reports or the Vehicle Visibility feature available 27/7 at FMCDealer.com. The window stickers are always available by the time the vehicle goes into production. The average transit time is 2 weeks after the vehicle is released from the plant so it'll be close but hopefully you'll have your new vehicle for your trip!

• Like 1

Window sticker is generated 5-7 days before build date. Build weeks are always listed as a Monday which 7/27 is. You should have a build date the week prior as scheduling is normally a week by week basis. Scheduling for next week is set this week etc. Anywhere from 7/21 and later you should be able to pull up your window sticker (again, 5-7 days but typically it is 5 days prior).

As stated above, usually you are looking at 2 weeks once it is built on average but delays for shipping can happen for one of many reasons.

Window sticker is generated 5-7 days before build date. Build weeks are always listed as a Monday which 7/27 is. You should have a build date the week prior as scheduling is normally a week by week basis. Scheduling for next week is set this week etc. Anywhere from 7/21 and later you should be able to pull up your window sticker (again, 5-7 days but typically it is 5 days prior).

As stated above, usually you are looking at 2 weeks once it is built on average but delays for shipping can happen for one of many reasons.

Thanks.. time is flying. Seems I can find out next Monday or Wednesday for sure. Keeping my fingers cross on shipping right up this way after the build. I hope it's built on that Monday so it get's on its way...If I didn't have the trip planned with the camper I wouldn't care. First long trip (3 weeks) in many years with it. So I stoked. But I have to time stripping the trade in truck of my add on's like camper tie downs,etc. Took the Fisher plow truck side down the last two days. CB came out today as well as my Passport Radar setup. Waiting until the last week to get my camper stuff off.

Seems I can ask here to track my truck next week as I don't have enough posts. I have more under a different name that I couldn't get to work so I made a new one but no matter..

Your Dealer should have all of the information (actual build date, Dealership ETA, etc.) via their status update reports or the Vehicle Visibility feature available 27/7 at FMCDealer.com. The window stickers are always available by the time the vehicle goes into production. The average transit time is 2 weeks after the vehicle is released from the plant so it'll be close but hopefully you'll have your new vehicle for your trip!

thanks as well....I grew up in West Haven and new many Hamden people..John Tuhill was one..Al Kresta another..Nick Pap who played with Micheal Boloton. I used to go up to Sleeping Giant and hike as well..

Edited by truckinguy

Thanks.. time is flying. Seems I can find out next Monday or Wednesday for sure. Keeping my fingers cross on shipping right up this way after the build. I hope it's built on that Monday so it get's on its way...If I didn't have the trip planned with the camper I wouldn't care. First long trip (3 weeks) in many years with it. So I stoked. But I have to time stripping the trade in truck of my add on's like camper tie downs,etc. Took the Fisher plow truck side down the last two days. CB came out today as well as my Passport Radar setup. Waiting until the last week to get my camper stuff off.

Seems I can ask here to track my truck next week as I don't have enough posts. I have more under a different name that I couldn't get to work so I made a new one but no matter..

Keep in mind Ford states 1,000 mile break in before towing... just an fyi..

Quick update.

The order has been sent to plant and the estimated arrival date to the dealership is between August 16th and the 22nd.

Hey thanks.......I hope it's the earlier end of course.. How do I track it after it's built ? It seems I will be ok with the time frame for my needs..It's my work truck but I also use it for my truck camper for vacations. I planned a great trip to Utah for the 3 week of August into September so I need a few days to get the bedliner done,camper brackets odds and ends.. I tried to get my dealer to order a week earlier but he was so busy..but I like them. Great dealer and service over the years.

How do I track it after it's built ?

The only way you can do by yourself is I can give you the railcar number it's loaded on. Some people have tracked it, but I don't know how. The Ford system tracks it all the way to the dealer. I'll watch it for you.

I've told people their car is at the dealer and the salesperson didn't even know it was there yet. Caught them totally off guard when they went to pick it up.

Edited by Pioneer

The only way you can do by yourself is I can give you the railcar number it's loaded on. Some people have tracked it, but I don't know how. The Ford system tracks it all the way to the dealer. I'll watch it for you.

I've told people their car is at the dealer and the salesperson didn't even know it was there yet. Caught them totally off guard when they went to pick it up.

That would be great a once a week update or something. When it gets very close I'll take out all my tools and supplies and set some time to do what I have to do to it. My dealer already said he'd have the paper work done before the truck came in for the most part, Meantime I'm working hard at getting customers work done so I'm free to work on the truck when it gets in. My dealer is very small..but good.. family owned for 60 yrs. Sales and service reps been there for 25 yrs. It'll be hard for them not to know its there. I'll be on the job.. Ha. Thanks.

The only way you can do by yourself is I can give you the railcar number it's loaded on. Some people have tracked it, but I don't know how.

I used the below for my order, but that was over 2 years ago so things may have changed or no longer functional, but give it a try. When I got latest status on the cyberdman thread it did have the railcar number and I was able to call each day and get progress.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

And one thing I remember from someone else's post a while back, if the system says that it doesn't recognize the input and says it will xfer you to a customer service rep, just hang up as a customer service rep would say that they can't give out info for personal requests and that's that.

Good luck.

Been just about a week since the last update. Can I get an update from you? ETA,etc. Thank you.

It's been received by Norfolk Southern. No railcar number yet.

Cool... Thanks..."received" meaning it's at the rail yard or on a rail car ? probably just the paperwork to have it transported. I would think it is ultimately going to the Ayer Ma. yard for transport by car carrier to me in Northern NH. That is how my 2011 F350 was done.

Cool... Thanks..."received" meaning it's at the rail yard or on a rail car ? probably just the paperwork to have it transported. I would think it is ultimately going to the Ayer Ma. yard for transport by car carrier to me in Northern NH. That is how my 2011 F350 was done.

I take it as the yard has it but hasn't loaded it yet.

I used the below for my order, but that was over 2 years ago so things may have changed or no longer functional, but give it a try. When I got latest status on the cyberdman thread it did have the railcar number and I was able to call each day and get progress.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

And one thing I remember from someone else's post a while back, if the system says that it doesn't recognize the input and says it will xfer you to a customer service rep, just hang up as a customer service rep would say that they can't give out info for personal requests and that's that.

Good luck.

Thanks..I got a rail car number from the salesman today. Great news for me. And that procedure you gave above works just fine still. The train left Shelbyville this morning on it's way to Ayer Ma. My dealer said he could prioritize my truck so it gets here ahead of any other vehicle he may have coming.

• Like 1