2016 Order build date questions

In Transit Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Camscanne, OH Aug-04-2015, 08:02 ET Aug-14-2015 Aug-20-2015

Thanks Pioneer.....I got the rail number and have been tracking it. I guess once it gets to Ayer Ma. for car carrier I won't be able to track it. Maybe you can help then... On a side note it's stopped as of yesterday after noon a 5pm ish at Forstoria and still is there as of 5 pm today (24hrs) according to the auto mated info machine at NSouthern. If it got here the 14th I'd be jumping with joy of course.

Edited by truckinguy

In Transit Passing (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Camscanne, OH Aug-04-2015, 08:02 ET Aug-14-2015 Aug-20-2015

I see it's off the rail car and in the "Customer Area" at Ayer Ma. As of this early a.m. Is there a way to track when it gets put on the auto carrier? Ayer is only 2 1/2 hrs from here so once on the auto carrier I would think it would be at the dealers during that day.

Edited by truckinguy

I see it's off the rail car and in the "Customer Area" at Ayer Ma. As of this early a.m. Is there a way to track when it gets put on the auto carrier? Ayer is only 2 1/2 hrs from here so once on the auto carrier I would think it would be at the dealers during that day.

Relax man, it's on a truck so it's close!

This reminded me of a thread from a couple years ago (just looked back on it, 139 pages!) when another guy was waiting for his Fusion to arrive at his dealer near Chicago... and based on the way he wrote his posts he was probably not the type that was easy at all to get along with -- said his dealer was full of BS for not having the right info, had trouble navigating a locator thread with cyberdman, and then found some contacts for the trucking company that serviced that railhead to get his car to the dealer and told them how they better hurry up with his car, et etc... so instead of the typical 1-2 days or whatever (only based on watching various threads) for this guy's car to get to the dealer, he said it took 9 days. I wonder if calling everyone possible and demanding things had anything to do with that.... :baby:

Anyway, I think now your truck is at the mercy of the trucking company while they schedule their deliveries to the various dealers in the area -- and hopefully yours is only a day or so away. Good luck.

I have a trip planned since a year ago soon with reservations,etc. I knew it would be close...I'm not ragging on anyone..that's for my daughter in law to do. Ha..So I just need time to smoothly transfer and hopefully get on my way on time. .I have to plan shutting down work and installing new camper tie downs and other things before I go. The dealer told me it would be a day to transfer it to me once it got there. Great..

Planning to do a major trip on a brand-spanking-new vehicle can be a courageous act in itself. :)

BTW, what's the estimated wet weight of the slide-in your going to carry?

<Sorry for the slight OT post but, eh...>

Thanks,

-Ej-

I have to do a family visit first and that will put on 750 miles. My camper weigh's in at 2800lbs..dry. probably 3500lbs ready to travel.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who replied. The truck came into the dealer yesterday.. Took a week from the Rail drop off point. He had 4 more cars on his load so they wait. This truck ordering goes smooth. ETA was accurate since the build date. Build date was July 29th. Order date was June 7th. So it took about 9 weeks total.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...