How long are Edge factory orders currently taking?

pwt13

Ordered a new 2015 Edge (company car) back on June 15th and it was accepted by Ford on the 16th (our fleet website is updated in real time) and it's been crickets ever since.

Anyone know what the average for the Edge is these days? Are there any factory holds, rail delays etc...I should be aware of?

This is the 6th time that I've ordered this way over the past 8 yrs. (I drive a ton annually) all Fords, same fleet company and this one seems to be taking forever! My last order, a 2014 Taurus, was only 6 weeks order to delivery and it's never been more than 8 for the rest (Fusions & Escapes).

I know, different vehicles, plants etc...but I'm hoping to get it while the weather's still nice!

Here's what I (they) ordered for anyone interested:

2015 Edge SEL AWD

Tuxedo Black

Dune Leather

2.0 L EcoBoost

52N-Navigation

51T-Tech package

Thanks!

I ordered my Titanium on May 12th. It was built on June 25th. I am on the west coast and it got to my dealer on the 21st of July. For some reason it spent 4 days in the railyard in Sparks, Nevada.

Edited by MJB3

If the order was placed as a fleet order the order-to-delivery time is 12-14 weeks. If it's a retail order and there is no VIN number then the vehicle has not yet been scheduled.

That makes sense. I'm sure it was placed as a fleet order, the company I work for is global and we only use Ford and our fleet director goes out of her way to avoid retail orders because of the cost.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered 2015 EDGE Titanium July 6, 2015...

Dealership said 6 - 8 weeks...HA.

Last week, ETA was Sept.18.

Today, ETA is October 7!!!!!

I am beyond frustrated with FORD, but especially my dealership who is BEYOND clueless!

I will not be buying another FORD...ever.

I called FORD customer relationships and they are the ones providing this information.

I have NO VIN...nothing...

If I could stop it all, I would....

You can stop it at any time - just get your deposit back from the dealer. You paid for a vehicle that can't be delivered and no ETA. Shouldn't be a problem unless your dealer is being a d*ck.

Yours is probably being held for repairs due to the seam leak problem. Waiting for a new one is probably better at this point if you can't find one in stock somewhere.

Has the dealer (or you) checked surrounding inventory?

My dealer TOLD me if I ordered, it would be 6-8 weeks!!!!! I am sure he knew about the April issue with the seam issue, which probably caused big delays, but he said nothing!

This dealer provides zero information. I called FORD myself in Michigan with my sales number and dealer number to get the information I do have, which is next to nothing. They have given me a loaner since I did trade my car in!

I think I have been patient, but if my dealer had been upfront with me about the delays I am positive he knew about, it would have made this easier for me.

They did contact me just about the time it was supposed to be here, telling me they found one BUT I was so mad that they waited so long to do that I just told them to forget it and I had waited this long for my new one..and that they shouldn't have told me 6-8 weeks when they KNEW that was not the case. I know it did not take them 6-8 weeks to locate one in the area!

Production hasn't stopped but there are rumors of vehicles being held at the factory. Nothing definitive though.

Mine just got pushed out two weeks...original build week was 8.31.15 and now it's 9.13.15..that's almost 90 days from when I originally ordered and it was accepted by Ford (6.15.15).

Any ideas on how long it will take to ship to Cleveland once they build it???

Mine just got pushed out two weeks...original build week was 8.31.15 and now it's 9.13.15..that's almost 90 days from when I originally ordered and it was accepted by Ford (6.15.15).

Any ideas on how long it will take to ship to Cleveland once they build it???

That's relatively close to the plant so hopefully it will only take a week or two at most.

Never mind.

The dealership absolutely ran me around to the point of giving up. I had an EDGE ordered, but was misled by the sales team as to delivery.

This miscommunication continued to worsen with misinformation given to me.

Not to mention, the GM of the dealership spoke to me in such a condescending manner, in an almost bullying tone, that I took my trade in back

and walked away. Their treatment of me as a customer was incredulous and one that FORD should be ashamed of.

i will be waiting for a 2016 EDGE and vetting another dealership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't blame Ford but these slimy dealerships sell their products. i would think FORD would be interested in how their products are being moved or trying

to be moved with misinformation. It does tend to give not only the dealership a bad reputation but FORD as well!