How long are Edge factory orders currently taking?

pwt13

Got it yesterday and I have to say that I am very happy with it! I love the 2.0 Ecoboost, it gives the car some character and I also think that the interior materials are very nice.

Hey Pioneer, any chance you can check a VIN# for a peer of mine, his was built the same day but he hasn't gotten his yet?

VIN# 2fmtk4j93fbc00501

It looks like his vehicle had a "conveyance mechanical failure" and had been accepted by a transport service in Illinois. ETA is between the 11th and 17th.

It seems the Job 1 date was moved back. I was going by the first post in the production schedule thread by ice-capades.

Seems Ford is building the 2015's until December 1st now.

Sorry.

But, you still can't order a 2015. They stopped accepting orders for them on October 2nd. If your dealer already has one scheduled, you might be able to change it to what you want.

Edited by Pioneer

It seems the Job 1 date was moved back. I was going by the first post in the production schedule thread by ice-capades.

Seems Ford is building the 2015's until December 1st now.

Sorry.

But, you still can't order a 2015. They stopped accepting orders for them on October 2nd. If your dealer already has one scheduled, you might be able to change it to what you want.

I ordered mine from the dealer after 10/2 and was told it would be a 2015.

The dealer should have had a DORA as soon as they placed the order. That's all you get until the VIN is assigned when it's actually scheduled for production. Production doesn't start until 12/2 and retail (customer) orders won't be scheduled for a few days or weeks after that.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm certainly not expecting the world, and I know they don't start building them until December, but a simple "hey, we got the order" seems reasonable. I'm guessing that is pretty much what a DORA is?

Yes - that's what the dealer gets from Ford and I'm pretty sure they get it as soon as they enter the order. Did you ask the dealer about it?

Yup, I've messaged him a few times now. I'm slightly cynical, but is it possible that perhaps this dealership sends out one or two bulk orders a month and my order simply hasn't been sent in yet and he doesn't want to admit that to me? Or perhaps he thinks I'm expecting a VIN already and isn't even bothering to tell me about the DORA? Thanks for the insight...good to be able to keep 'em honest!

• 2 weeks later...