How long are Edge factory orders currently taking?

pwt13

Hi, I ordered a 2016 Edge Titanimun back on 11/04 and so far according to the dealer and customer service it's still in processing and is yet to be scheduled. I understand it's the new model and production isn't starting until 12/15 now, but is it normal that after a month in the system it still hasn't been scheduled yet? Just curious because I swear I've seen some folks that have also placed orders for a 2016 and have already gotten their schedule date and VIN.

Hi, I ordered a 2016 Edge Titanimun back on 11/04 and so far according to the dealer and customer service it's still in processing and is yet to be scheduled. I understand it's the new model and production isn't starting until 12/15 now, but is it normal that after a month in the system it still hasn't been scheduled yet? Just curious because I swear I've seen some folks that have also placed orders for a 2016 and have already gotten their schedule date and VIN.

Ok, in the hope of helping other people nervous about their builds here's what I have found out. I tried various methods of getting order status. My dealer still says there is no VIN assigned and no build is scheduled. So does Ford's official customer service phone #. However, if you PM FordService (on FordEdgeForum.com or some other car specific forum. For some reason they have no presence here), they can tell you if you have a VIN when those two sources say you dont. cyberdman in the vehichle tracking forum also gives the VIN when the dealer says they don't have it yet. This is only in my experience. But my best guess is that there is an internal order tracking system that certain Ford employees have access to that will spit out the VIN when the build is scheduled for a week, but not yet a day. I recommend contacting FordService or cyberdman (through the tracking forum). There is another member who has been helpful in giving out info, but I won't name him as I think he is helping out of the kindness of his heart. But it's easy to figure out who that person is!

Edited by cab2g

Cyberman has access to the exact same information as the dealers. But for some reason many dealers either play dumb or are simply incompetent when it comes to getting order status.

Why on earth would dealers play dumb in this day and age? Not only are there many methods available to track your vehicle, but bad reviews spread fast with online reviews and social media... My dealer has been very honest so far and I am surprised that they would lie to me if they could get the VIN. It's just weird. They were up front about pricing, ordering availabiltiy, order submission, etc. Why lie about not being able to get the status. And then why does Ford's customer service # still say my order is "in order processing" when it has been scheduled for over two weeks now? They have said multiple times that there was no VIN available!

Why on earth would dealers play dumb in this day and age? Not only are there many methods available to track your vehicle, but bad reviews spread fast with online reviews and social media... My dealer has been very honest so far and I am surprised that they would lie to me if they could get the VIN. It's just weird. They were up front about pricing, ordering availabiltiy, order submission, etc. Why lie about not being able to get the status. And then why does Ford's customer service # still say my order is "in order processing" when it has been scheduled for over two weeks now? They have said multiple times that there was no VIN available!

I don't know why dealers do what they do, but time after time people come here saying that their dealer doesn't know their order status, then an employee gives them an update using the exact same info that's available to dealers and ice-capades confirms that he (as a dealership employee) has the exact same information available.

I am thinking that the Oakville plant is running at full capacity building the Edge, Mxk and Flex. Not only for North America but for export as well. I am on my second Edge and both were made perfectly. The plant just has to get caught up.

I think they are still running 1 shift !

Ford got "egg on its face" at Oakville a few years back. They announced a second shift, accepted application and then ... NOTHING !