2016 Camaro Pricing

blwnsmoke

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/2016-camaro-pricing-is-here-will-it-slow-mustang-sales.html/?ref=YF

While the ’15 Mustang starts at $23,800, and isn’t likely to see a substantial price jump, the new Camaro starts at $26,695 for the base-model 1LT coupe – a near $3,000 jump from the current buy-in (though the new LT base offers more than the outgoing LS model), with a $995 destination charge included.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/?p=556853?a=viewall#ixzz3je1hF4Aa

At the other end of the spectrum, the SS starts at $37,295, or a $1,000 premium over a Mustang GT fastback.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/?p=556853?a=viewall#ixzz3je1lX7B8

Early days yet but the last thing GM would want to do is upset Camaro buyers with prices that seem a bit high.

I'm betting that a permanent incentive will be there to make people think they're getting a bargain.

(edited for grammar)

Edited by jpd80

Car fans complain about prices when they buy, but of coarse when they sell, their 'classic car' is worth "Millions!".

But should the new SS Camaro cost $4,000 more than the Mustang GT when both are arguably line ball with features?

Should that even matter if Camaro buyers would never dream of buying a Mustang?

It does matter in my opinion. While i currently drive an older Camaro and like the new one a lot based on what i have seen and read in various articles, I wouldn't buy a new one based on price alone.

And keep in mind in addition to the higher sticker price, Mustangs are discounted much more heavily than Camaros as well so the difference is even more in cash that you can keep in your pocket.

But my choice if I were buying today would be a Dodge Challenger anyway.

And keep in mind in addition to the higher sticker price, Mustangs are discounted much more heavily than Camaros as well so the difference is even more in cash that you can keep in your pocket.

Your basing this on what?

I looked at Chevy's and Ford's site and GM is offering $1500 back on the Camaro and Ford is only offering $500 on the Mustang?!

I looked at Chevy's and Ford's site and GM is offering $1500 back on the Camaro and Ford is only offering $500 on the Mustang?!

What ZIP code did you use on the Ford and Chevrolet USA sites? Using 46077, Ford is offering 0% APR for up to 72 months AND $1,000 cash back on 2015 Mustang excluding GT 50th Anniversary Edition, while Chevrolet is offering $1,500 OR 0% APR for up to 72 months on 2015 Camaro excluding Z28 Preferred Equipment Group.

Ford has the more enticing discount as it combines both cash back and 0% APR financing.

Your basing this on what?

This is a typical dealer offering in my area. http://www.fortmillford.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-Mustang-f52bf3010a0e0adf4686ae8d7fcb21bf.htm

And this is without any additional haggling.

The "advertised" Camaro pricing at local dealers is no where near as generous as this with or without rebates. And you can bet that $1500 rebate will go away when the 2016 Camaros hit the showrooms.

What ZIP code did you use on the Ford and Chevrolet USA sites? Using 46077, Ford is offering 0% APR for up to 72 months AND $1,000 cash back on 2015 Mustang excluding GT 50th Anniversary Edition, while Chevrolet is offering $1,500 OR 0% APR for up to 72 months on 2015 Camaro excluding Z28 Preferred Equipment Group.

Ford has the more enticing discount as it combines both cash back and 0% APR financing.

I could only get 2016 Mustang Pricing, so that could be the issue.

This is a typical dealer offering in my area. http://www.fortmillford.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-Mustang-f52bf3010a0e0adf4686ae8d7fcb21bf.htm

The "advertised" Camaro pricing at local dealers is no where near as generous as this with or without rebates. And you can bet that $1500 rebate will go away when the 2016 Camaros hit the showrooms.

I'm very leery of dealers showing this type of advertising since they normally add up the discounts that 99% wouldn't be combined to start with. Its all about bringing bodies to the dealership

On that website, the dealer has a total of seven Mustangs, all 2015s, I bet he's clearing them for 2016 stock...

That's typical pricing for that dealership regardless of the time of the year. (I bought my Fusion from them). They may be a little more aggressive trying to sell the 2015 models but they will likely have similar discounts on the 2016 models.

That's dealer discounting, something separate to Ford offers.