The new Bronco/Ranger/MAP thread

Which is why the current T6 didn't come to the US... it would have been CAFE negative relative to F-150.

T7 with aluminum body and a slight increase in footprint and 4 cylinder Ecoboost engines + 9 speed auto in theory can be CAFE positive relative to F-150.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a 9 speed auto in Ford's plans for RWD. Maybe you were thinking about the 10 speed auto.

Otherwise it'll weigh as much as the F150.

And get the same fuel economy.

Which is why the current T6 didn't come to the US... it would have been CAFE negative relative to F-150.

T7 with aluminum body and a slight increase in footprint and 4 cylinder Ecoboost engines + 9 speed auto in theory can be CAFE positive relative to F-150.

But as we've just seen with Colorado, you can have a 4x4 Crew cab with similar weight as a full sized half ton

but get better economy, be that a 3.6 or a 2.4. perhaps reduced frontal area is playing a bigger part in

the increased fuel economy, considering the speeds involved with highway cycle testing..

Now, imagine Mexico's T6 Ranger with its 2.5 gas engine or better yet, a 2.0 EB or 2.3 EB as fitted to Explorer

that gets 28 mpg.....That's far from being CAFE negative.... and then think 2.2 diesel or even 3.2 diesel.

The decision to not be part of T6 had everything to do with Ford's perception of internal competition with F150

and the desire not to revisit the "cheap transport" image the last Nth American Ranger embodied. Colorado has

now demonstrated that mid sized truck buyers do not necessarily canabalize half ton truck sales...

Edited by jpd80

I think people are getting to wrapped up against the axle with the Ranger...I see it selling around 120K units a year. I do wonder about Ford's marketing of it...if they'll look at pushing it for fleet sales or what?

The breadwinner is going to be the Bronco that will most likely top out at $45K or so and sell around 150k+ units a year if it has both two and four door variants.I was talking to my wife last night and she made mention she liked the Wrangler (was driving past a Jeep dealership while I was talking to her on the phone) and I mentioned the upcoming Bronco to her...she seemed actually pretty interested in it since she like the boxy SUV look her current Escape has. We where talking about getting an Edge or another Escape to replace her current car, but I'm not sure if she can wait for the Bronco since she has 130K on her Escape now and drives alot for work.

I just hope Ford makes the Bronco more refined then the Wrangler.

Edited by silvrsvt

Labor costs. I don't see Asian and Brazilian truck production being shuttered in favour of Michigan.

But they don't build a Bronco today and we're probably talking about higher end vehicles, not cheap fleet models.

I could easily see them exporting to Europe e.g. If they can do it with Edge and Mustang then why not Ranger, Bronco, Troller?

I heard they will build new Crown Vics and Town Cars, using the tooling from St Thomas plant. A letter writing campaign convinced Ford HQ to bring back "real cars".

Will have 5.0 Mustang motors and cost only $21,000 for "car guys".

Nahhh!

Hey, anything can be made up! ;-)

I heard they will build new Crown Vics and Town Cars, using the tooling from St Thomas plant. A letter writing campaign convinced Ford HQ to bring back "real cars".

Will have 5.0 Mustang motors and cost only $21,000 for "car guys".

Nahhh!

Hey, anything can be made up! ;-)

dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-i

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...