Cut the Bull

I wish you people would just let it go, Does someone get picked on once in a while.. YEP One of my first posts here I commented that my dad bought a Subaru and several people jumped on me cause I worked for Ford OH MY why didn't you FORCE your dad to buy a Ford. And a few people reminded the others this is still America CHOICE remember.

People feeling like they're being picked on GET OVER IT. I been picked on since elementary school and I'm guessing several of you have as well GET OVER IT.

When I went into 7th grade I was 6ft tall and weight 86 pounds Got my ass kicked regularly I GOT OVER IT.

Don't want to get picked on, afraid your opinion will be different from others POST ANYWAY you have a right to your opinion. Stay on topic and if you post something other than fact STATE this is my opinion, some body disagrees with your opinion GET OVER IT

One more time, this is the internet ----- GET OVER IT

• Like 3

Stop it right there. You are just as much to blame as anyone else. You instigate more arguments than anyone except Biker16. If you can't accept that and modify your behavior then you can take a vacation.

I don't instigate arguments. At least not all the time.

honestly I could say something like... the Fusion is heavy, or the focus is small, and the whole gang comes out of the woodwork to prove I said something out of order?

That isn't starting an argument, it simply stating my Opinion.

• Like 1

We're not going to debate this. We're not going to have the kinds of arguments that we used to have and we're all going to try and be nicer to each other especially the new members. Period.

That has been my hope for a long time now. I'm totally on board with it brother.

• Like 1

Let me share something with you guys, some Ford divisions actually read threads that interest them.

I know that this happened in the past on an Australian forum where a good open discussion about Ford's future plans in the region took flight.

Some of the simple ground rules were that all posters would present issues both positive and negative in a form that identified the issue and

a constructive suggestion on how that situation could have been handled better. The thing we have to remember with a corporate is that it

takes the overarching position of decisions and sometimes misses the fine detail on changes that may affect select niches of buyers that in

hindsight was never intended or actions taken did not take into account some "collateral damage" that withdrawal of service or offer may cause.

That thread was seen by a Ford employee and shared around the Ford office and praised for its discussion of many issues.

Keep in mind that a lot of Ford's own people have opinions not so different form our own, they like some things but also lobby

to change things that affect buyers not picked up at the corporate level.

So where does that leave us as a forum,

If we work together, respect each others posts and try to discuss points of difference in less disparaging and dismissive tones

then perhaps we can all educate each other on what real situations are both for those with knowledge and those with a genuine

concern or grievance. We need to first hear those people's issues and expand on the options and best possible course of action.

If we want Ford and others to take us seriously, then we must be able to conduct ourselves in a way that outsiders appreciate and by

reading our posts will see merit in the discussion, maybe want to join the community. The fact that some feel alienated is disappointing

and perhaps the change to more amenable discussions will encourage those who don't or haven posted here to make a contribution

without feeling like they have just stepped into a battlefield. Perhaps a few of the more seniors here should actively support the newbys

and encourage them in the right ways..

My greatest hope is that we all grow up a little and create fertile ground for intelligent discussion encouraging more insiders to post here again,

that this is a worthwhile place to share knowledge and get inside tips on what happening behind the scene - the back story that fill in the gaps.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Stop it right there. You are just as much to blame as anyone else. You instigate more arguments than anyone except Biker16. If you can't accept that and modify your behavior then you can take a vacation.

And here comes the threats.

Given the number of people in this thread that are attempting to correct and real or perceived issues, do you really think threats are helping the conversation?

• Like 2

Let me share something with you guys, some Ford divisions actually read threads that interest them.

I know that this happened in the past on an Australian forum where a good open discussion about Ford's future plans in the region took flight.

Some of the simple ground rules were that all posters would present issues both positive and negative in a form that identified the issue and

a constructive suggestion on how that situation could have been handled better. The thing we have to remember with a corporate is that it

takes the overarching position of decisions and sometimes misses the fine detail on changes that may affect select niches of buyers that in

hindsight was never intended or actions taken did not take into account some "collateral damage" that withdrawal of service or offer may cause.

That thread was seen by a Ford employee and shared around the Ford office and praised for its discussion of many issues.

Keep in mind that a lot of Ford's own people have opinions not so different form our own, they like some things but also lobby

to change things that affect buyers not picked up at the corporate level.

So where does that leave us as a forum,

If we work together, respect each others posts and try to discuss points of difference in less disparaging and dismissive tones

then perhaps we can all educate each other on what real situations are both for those with knowledge and those with a genuine

concern or grievance. We need to first hear those people's issues and expand on the options and best possible course of action.

If we want Ford and others to take us seriously, then we must be able to conduct ourselves in a way that outsiders appreciate and by

reading our posts will see merit in the discussion, maybe want to join the community. The fact that some feel alienated is disappointing

and perhaps the change to more amenable discussions will encourage those who don't or haven posted here to make a contribution

without feeling like they have just stepped into a battlefield. Perhaps a few of the more seniors here should actively support the newbys

and encourage them in the right ways..

My greatest hope is that we all grow up a little and create fertile ground for intelligent discussion encouraging more insiders to post here again,

that this is a worthwhile place to share knowledge and get inside tips on what happening behind the scene - the back story that fill in the gaps.

This is absolutely true. Over on another forum I run (Chrysler related) not only were the posts a major source of feedback for Chrysler, but they actually became engaged in the forum themselves, running monthly chat sessions and seasonal meets.

The only thing I can stress before you respond to a post is debate the topics, not the people.

• Like 3

And here comes the threats.

Given the number of people in this thread that are attempting to correct and real or perceived issues, do you really think threats are helping the conversation?

That's not a threat - it's a warning from a moderator to change your behavior because that behavior was a big part of the original problem.

Refusing to acknowledge that you were part of the problem means you are likely to repeat the same behavior and that's what we're trying to avoid.

That's not a threat - it's a warning from a moderator to change your behavior because that behavior was a big part of the original problem.

Refusing to acknowledge that you were part of the problem means you are likely to repeat the same behavior and that's what we're trying to avoid.

Your behavior is a big part of the problem too. what Are you doing to prevent a repeat of that behavior?

your tone as a moderator is completely out of line.

Edited by Biker16
  • Like 1

Your behavior is a big part of the problem too. what Are you doing to prevent a repeat of that behavior?

your tone as a moderator is completely out of line.

RJ and I both owned up to our contributions to the problem already. That doesn't mean that we stop moderating. And don't forget we now have 2 more moderators now.

One person blaming others when they are just as much to blame isn't acceptable. Criticizing moderators for doing their job in PUBLIC isn't acceptable.

If you have a problem with a moderator take it up privately, not in public.

This thread has served its purpose - thanks for getting us back on track. I'm locking it.

• Like 2