Remote Start- F150 shuts off when turning on ignition key

HB Dino

Hey HB Dino. Welcome to the forum.

The only thing I could find that remotely resembled your issue was the factory auto-shutoff when opening the doors.

I'm not sure if it would solve your issue, but the reprogramming is relatively straightforward. Here's a video on doing it on an Expedition (which should act the same as your F-150)

Edit, this guy on another website had the same issue and seems to have resolved it using the same steps in the video. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1163618-12-remote-start-problem.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQHb0mU0rvI

Edited by Intrepidatious

Hope the brake thing is what it is (sure would make it a lot easier!)

Our factory installed remote starter in our minivan does not require that. (I should know, I always reach across the front seats and put the key in then belt my kids in the backseat). Of course it also isn't a Ford so there's obvious differences.

Edited by Intrepidatious
forgot a letter

If you hit the brake it should shut off. This is what keeps people from stealing it when remote started as you can't get it out of park without the brake. There are trigger wires for shutoff on the dealer installed version of the remote start. One is door open, and the other is the key in ignition switch. They are there to keep proper function of MyKey. The later ones could not be turned off in the module, but the trigger wires can be disconnected easy enough.