Glass Roof Mustang

D-dave

I have longed for a Mustang for years. I had to put it off due to the need for more family-oriented vehicles, but my day is coming.

I had the pleasure of driving a Glass Roof Mustang on bright, crisp September day a few years ago ... 6-speed 5.0L GT. I still get chills thinking about that day ... sun pouring in yet the feeling of control and security from the powertrain and closed cockpit.

I'm disappointed to see that this feature didn't make the 50th anniversary design. For me, my Mustang will be my daily driver that I plan on keeping for many years, and I can't see getting a convertible for the 5 to 10 days a year that I would actually drop the top. But the glass roof was a perfect compromise ... open-air feeling with the durability of a coupe.

I hope that you Ford Engineers see this and start a focus group for this feature to (hopefully) see that I'm not alone. If not the full glass roof, a Vista or other option that will offer the classic feeling of Mustang freedom without the ragtop. I don't think too many people knew about this option and I feel that if customers did, they would opt for this unique driving experience.

• 6 months later...

Most of the mustang sold in my area when that option was available had it. I was surprised when I was doing the build for my 16 that it was not an option. I have no interest what so ever in a covetable, but I would have entrained the idea of a glass roof.