Hope someone can afford $62K plus for an F150.............

Dave-S

Spend it if you got it!

I got the memo about having to work hard every day, but I missed the one about making insane gobs of money.

I remember I was in awe of discretionary spending a few years back when my neighbor purchased 'his' and 'hers' top line Pickups - a black F150 Harley Davidson and a white F150 Limited at the same time!

• Like 1

Spend it if you got it!

I got the memo about having to work hard every day, but I missed the one about making insane gobs of money.

I remember I was in awe of discretionary spending a few years back when my neighbor purchased 'his' and 'hers' top line Pickups - a black F150 Harley Davidson and a white F150 Limited at the same time!

Honestly, I'm amazed at what some people spend. My wife and I make decent money, have a nice house and decent vehicles, but I just don't see how some people can afford to spend what they do on their vehicles. People that I know make less money than us. I guess it has something to do with that 15-20% of our salary we sock away for retirement? Not jealous, not complaining, just an observation.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm amazed at what some people spend. My wife and I make decent money, have a nice house and decent vehicles, but I just don't see how some people can afford to spend what they do on their vehicles. People that I know make less money than us. I guess it has something to do with that 15-20% of our salary we sock away for retirement? Not jealous, not complaining, just an observation.

It's called a lease. They live beyond their means because they never really own anything.

• Like 1

LOL... I do kind of wish at least from year to year, much less model to model Ford could carry the same designations for trim levels.

Not only do we have as others have pointed out... Limited, Platinum, Titanium, Reserve etc. etc. But to have Platinum be the big dog one year on the F-150 to the very next year drop platinum and have Limited be the top trim level. Geeeesshhhh.. are they purposely trying to confuse us? ;)

And of course the Escape, Fusion, and Focus (I think) have Titanium as the top package.

With the Focus titanium is the top trim if you leave out the ST and RS. Fiesta also has a Titanium trim as its top dog (again leaving out the ST)

Edge also has a TI trim but I think that may be topped by the sport trim but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Eh. I don't see the issue. Spend $60k on a fully equipped truck with a lot of features and capabilities or spend 60k on a mid level BMW/Mercedes sedan that can only stay on paved roads and won't tow anything. I do wonder if any features are available that are not on the platinum other than trim.

• Like 3

With the Focus titanium is the top trim if you leave out the ST and RS. Fiesta also has a Titanium trim as its top dog (again leaving out the ST)

Edge also has a TI trim but I think that may be topped by the sport trim but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Definitely room for improvement in Ford's trim level naming, that's for sure.

Harley Davidson wanted more money for the name license. Ford didn't want to pay it.

Which makes you wonder, who did it help more, Ford or HD? My guess is HD likely benefited from the free advertising.

Ah. Well why not take the Harley logos off and just call it lightning then? ;)

Good question! The Harley was also offered on the Super Duty, which did not get any power bump. Only a cool paint job and logos.

• 4 weeks later...