I have a F150 Eco Boost, 2011 with 42,000 miles. I bought the truck July 2012. I am told that drive train is covered for 5 years or 50,000 miles which ever comes first. No problem with that as most vehicles last just beyond warranty...lol. Here is my deal. I am finding out from Raptor owners I am having the problem they did with the drive shaft slipping in and out. The original grease was not correct and now the parts are dry. Well, the Raptor was in a recall to fix the problem, why was did we not all get this fix. Just had a dealer tell me that even though they new what the problem was "he will have to have it diagnosed at a $99.99 cost to me and then determine how much it will cost me....yea me. Also why is the drive shaft not considered part of the drive train? Heck no drive shaft motor would just spin, or am I missing something. Here is the deal. Has anyone or is anyone having this issue? if so what is being done about it. Heck we pay 50,000 plus dollars for a nice ride and it feels like the rear end is coming out. Now I am in business and realize we need to make money. I applaud Ford for not taking any of the bail out money. I will own another Ford Truck ( maybe not a car) in the future but come on. Ok how can we get this fixed without going into all the legal issues, matters and suits that some people want. I just want my DRIVETRAIN fixed before I get to 5 years or 50,000 miles.

Thanks all in advance.

P.S. no I am not an English major nor do I need advise on how to type some questions. We are not all gold spoon born....

It's clearly listed in the warranty guide:

Rear-Wheel
Drive: axle shafts, rear bearings, center support bearing, drive axle
housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, retainers, supports,
seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

The Raptor TSB was not a recall technically (it was a service program) so it wouldn't be free to you anyway. But as stated it should be covered under the powertrain warranty to 60K miles.

The TSB (*NOT*A*RECALL*) you are referencing is 12-07-13. The causal part listed for the TSB is 4602. Without your vin, I cannot tell you if the TSB would be covered or not. BUT BE VERY AWARE that just because you think the symptom is the same because you read it on some page somewhere, doesn't mean the actual causal part is the same part. Most service writers worth a sheet will tell you that it needs to be diagnosed, because it does. If then it is the shaft or another covered component, you don't pay.

"Google says" is not a valid reason to perform work according to Ford.

• Like 1