Plant details behind Ford's $9 billion spending spree

Richard, I certainly acknowledge the fact that the Mod V-8's have had a long and successful run. It is true that the GM OHV's need more displacement to produce similar power but I don't think that means much as fuel economy is comparable and moreover the GM's are more compact power- plants that have a lot fewer parts and are surely significantly less expensive to manufacture.

.........and moreover the GM's are more compact power- plants that have a lot fewer parts and are surely significantly less expensive to manufacture.

About $1,000 cheaper/engine, according to Autoline Detroit. Which is the only reason GM has stayed with an OHV design, it cost less to make.

Knowing a few GM engineers, I can tell you that nobody at their engine design center was “high-fiving” one another when they learned they were going to do another pushrod engine. Just the opposite actually.

I see movement of Taurus/Police Interceptor going to Oakville as new (Chinese) Taurus is CD4 based. New Edge and MKX are also CD4 based.

I doubt the Taurus will move anywhere.When sales fall to lower levels an article I read said that id they needed more they would just import more from China.I also read the CAP would get the Lincoln MKC.Could be all rumours so who knows

About $1,000 cheaper/engine, according to Autoline Detroit. Which is the only reason GM has stayed with an OHV design, it cost less to make.

Find that really hard to believe....given how thin margins are on cars and trucks, an extra 1K in a single component is a huge cost. Yeah its a truck, but at the same time companies have a conniption when its an extra $250 bucks on a C class product.

I can see anywhere from $100-350 more...but more then that would be profit suicide.