2017 Escape Spied w/ Rear Completely Uncovered

So I hadn't seen these posted here, but here's the 2017 Escape with the rear completely uncovered. I personally go back and forth on whether I like it or not. Not sure about the abrupt, angular end of the lights on the liftgate in relation to the rest of the body/design. But maybe it'll look better once the front is revealed. We'll see.
Also, I know the badge on it says SE, but looking at the blackened taillights and black wheels, I wonder if they're working on a Sport model for it?
ford-kuga-escape-facelift-spy-photo.jpg
ford-kuga-escape-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

There's more of the orange one at this link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1151111100968/2017-ford-escape-kuga-spied-showing-new-details

There are photos of it in blue at this link:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2017-ford-escape-spy-photos-a-thorough-refresh-has-it-getting-edge-ier/

Edited by rmc523

Nice tech. Love the new front (then again I love my 2013 Fusion so no surprise there). The rear looks pretty much the same to me.

One thing I didn't like about our 2014 Titanium is the lack of features that were on the Fusion and Edge titaniums like a power passenger seat, auto-dimming headlights, rear door IA sensors, etc. This seems to be fixing a lot of that.

I would assume the Focus Titanium also gets some of those new features.

Questions to the current owners...the Escape looks to have what Ford calls a "Sacrifice" panel, on the rear liftgate, the bottom part of that door where the handle is which they know will probably break in a small bump accident. Is that panel plastic?

The bottom of the door is metal. The bumper and rear fascia is plastic.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/17/2017-ford-escape-official-photos-video/#slide-3706616

Excellent MCE! It has all the little gripes dealt with overall and lots of goodies. I have one beef, the cup holder is in the wrong place IMHO. I preferred it astern of the gearshift where I can rest my elbow and drink my coffee and flick through my iPod using the steering wheel controls. Tough life I admit. Now, I have to adjust my muscle memory to move the cup around the gearshift. Oh wait, that's not happening anytime soon! I'm not looking at replacing my Escape anytime soon but if I had to, I'd have absolutlely no issue picking this one up.

Now, where is the Sport version?

Huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement on the front fascia. The old one was (IMHO) awkward. While this one may be a bit "generic" compared to the old one, it looks 100% better.

I completely agree, I just couldn't get "into" the previous front ... especially if it didn't have fog lamps and had the giant amber lenses.

Questions to the current owners...the Escape looks to have what Ford calls a "Sacrifice" panel, on the rear liftgate, the bottom part of that door where the handle is which they know will probably break in a small bump accident. Is that panel plastic?

yes it's plastic.