2017 Lincoln MKZ Debuts with 400-hp 3.0EB V6

I think if Lincoln was to base a car off the next Focus, it should follow the path Infinity is taking now....make a quasi 5-door hatch/CUV thingy, not a sedan, and make it sexy and very attractive! It would be the "entry" Lincoln but the most youthful as well.

I agree. I think a Lincoln version of the C-Max would make more sense than a Focus.

Edited by NLPRacing

I think if Lincoln was to base a car off the next Focus, it should follow the path Infinity is taking now....make a quasi 5-door hatch/CUV thingy, not a sedan, and make it sexy and very attractive! It would be the "entry" Lincoln but the most youthful as well.

You mean like this:

6987.jpg

• Like 3

You mean like this:

I think he was suggesting more like an MKT mini-me.(yikes)

You're right MKC has that spot covered but I think an MK Focus with longer wheelbase

would work in China and possibly Nth America, three sedans Compact MKF, MKZ and Continental

All three complimenting each other and making the the styling language more cohesive across lincoln.

Make it same price as MKC and give it similar power train choices, pretty much cover 90% of ATS.

Edited by jpd80

To make matters worse, the new Civic effectively obliterates any reason for buying an Acura ILX.

Wouldn't the ILX get upgraded too? Then again didn't the refreshed model just come out in the past 12-18 months?

I don't see why Ford couldn't do a C Class Lincoln. Just add two inches to the wheel base, keep most of the models AWD with a 2L Ecoboost or 2.3L (low end models would be FWD) for the more sport models and share the platform with the MKC.

How much is really shared with the Focus and Escape anyways?

• Like 1

@fordman....I heard persistent rumors of a 4- 4.2 V8...IMO, kinda makes sense....Continental SHOULD have a more powerful drivetrain than its smaller brethren.... so, its rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised.....I don't see them resting their laurels constantly on the 3.5....

• Like 4

In regards to Lincoln adding a Focus based model....it should not at all like the MKC, which is CUV, but a 5-door stylish, sporty hatch that has a quasi CUV look but that's more car-like....just like the newly introduced Infinity Q30 and the M-B GLA on which its based.

Edited by spudz64
  • Like 1

@fordman....I heard persistent rumors of a 4- 4.2 V8...IMO, kinda makes sense....Continental SHOULD have a more powerful drivetrain than its smaller brethren.... so, its rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised.....I don't see them resting their laurels constantly on the 3.5....

My take on the Cyclone is there's still 1 gen D35 being built and I say why? Improve the D35 (and the D25 for that matter) to the best it can and let it age gracefully except let it rot and fall off everytime something new comes along.

I think if Lincoln was to base a car off the next Focus, it should follow the path Infinity is taking now....make a quasi 5-door hatch/CUV thingy, not a sedan, and make it sexy and very attractive! It would be the "entry" Lincoln but the most youthful as well

I agree. I think a Lincoln version of the C-Max would make more sense than a Focus.

I'd say do both.

Like the Escape and C-max share interiors, the Lincoln, Tall roof CUV would have the same interior as the MKC.

Compact Lincoln could made more like a Sporty CC than a traditional Sedan. and share switch-gear and interior bits with the MKC.

Edited by Biker16

anybody notice the body colored grill? A special Sport model? MKZ-S? More HP???? ;-) Not to be greedy, but if the 2.3 EB can get a HP increase from the Mustang to the Focus RS, imagine a bump in the 3.0T.

The darker grille comes with the Driver's Package (at least that's how I interpreted what I read about it).

• Like 2

The Continental isn't a sports car. I don't know why "just" 400 hp isn't enough. But if it's not Ford has the all new 3.5 (not an upgraded Cyclone) coming next year that will offer more. I can't see Ford spending the money to develop a new V-8 unless it was going to replace the Coyote and I don't think that will happen. I think Lincoln will be done with V-8's when the new Navigator comes out as I see it with the 3.0 and 3.5 V-6's.

The Continental isn't a sports car. I don't know why "just" 400 hp isn't enough. But if it's not Ford has the all new 3.5 (not an upgraded Cyclone) coming next year that will offer more. I can't see Ford spending the money to develop a new V-8 unless it was going to replace the Coyote and I don't think that will happen. I think Lincoln will be done with V-8's when the new Navigator comes out as I see it with the 3.0 and 3.5 V-6's.

Trader, can you share more information on this new 3.5 coming out?

mkz-billboard.jpg

Chicago promo shot, means it'll be shown first at the Chicago auto show?

Any idea of the pricing structure? Actually don't really care about AWD, the 3.7 in the current edition is more than enough power, unless the AWD is a major power-robber; 400HP might be needed to offset drivetrain losses and the extra weight involved.

Finally, KNOBS!!!