Dearborn,for MAP's sake, a huge yes in badly needed!

JSiete47

The Ranger is already made somewhere else outside of the country. They can always import Rangers into the U.S., instead of building them at MAP. Be careful what you wish for, a bigger pay raise could result in less U.S. investment. Although having bragging rights about your no vote may be a nice blurb on your job application at Michigan Works!

I gotta wonder whats gonna happen with all this product investment in TRUCKS while car production goes to Mexico, When fuel goes UP...a whole lotta people gonna be on layoff...

This is NOT a good plan for America. We need the diversity of building ALL platforms here. Otherwise, we are all only one Refinery fire or Hurricane,

from being on the street...

Regardless of what comes down the pike from a no vote, Ford is not going to go out on strike. They need vehicles too badly. They can't build enough F-150s or Mustangs as it is.

Seems there talking about my Focus in the news. Ford states they are aware of very minnor issues with the transmissions......?

Reprogramed 3 times, BCM once, TCM twice, Complete Clutch Assembly & Seals now waiting 12 to 16 weeks for the next level clutch assembly. Bought new in 2015 Jan.....

Dam those Michigan Assembly Workers for putting those "well designed (AAD)" transmissions in the units after being instructed too.....

What is funny is that you people actually think you are going bully Ford into giving you more?? Guess what, they will NEVER make themselves less competitive than GM and Chrysler. Your vote no actions have opened a nasty door. Ford will just invest more in their overseas plants and in Mexico. You fools had job security, the best health insurance you could ask for, raises, bonuses and great profit sharing! Not to mention free legal service and tuition assistance! SMH!!

• Like 3

Isuzu? really? SMH.....i'm finished with this forum BS. be nice to know if we had a product locked up tho. we may luck out. maybe not. Later union people..........

Don't quit forum because of all the negativity on here.I encouraged people to read the contract and vote yes.You would not believe how many people that were voting no because"I always vote no".Most of the people who were voting no at CAP when they did give a reason why it was not even correct information.People said they took our sub,the medical is changed for the worse etc.The majority of people that voted no did not read the highlights.I agree if the deal is reshuffled most of the re-tooling money will be gone probably to expand Mexican operations.What also amazed me most people that voted no, voted yes to the concessions.So they voted yes to let them take away things from us but when Ford gives some of it back they vote no???????????????Hang in there we are almost there.

• Like 1

http://www.businessfinancenews.com/26337-ford-motor-company-uaw-labor-contract-in-jeopardy/

If we do gain anything financially, we will just lose some of the U.S. investment. Again, what good is more money without job security??

"Ford’s CEO added that it should instead reduce investments on its plants to get better terms on the agreement. Three assembly plants are expected to vote on the agreement, after which results will be announced."

Don't quit forum because of all the negativity on here.I encouraged people to read the contract and vote yes.You would not believe how many people that were voting no because"I always vote no".Most of the people who were voting no at CAP when they did give a reason why it was not even correct information.People said they took our sub,the medical is changed for the worse etc.The majority of people that voted no did not read the highlights.I agree if the deal is reshuffled most of the re-tooling money will be gone probably to expand Mexican operations.What also amazed me most people that voted no, voted yes to the concessions.So they voted yes to let them take away things from us but when Ford gives some of it back they vote no???????????????Hang in there we are almost there.

The Local leadership at CAP was not actively supporting the contract. There were some appointed people and committeeman actively ridiculing Jimmy Settles, the Chairman, and the Contract. Anywhere else these characters would have been back in production. Ryan Retting would never have allowed this.