to all the no votes.... you greedy bas*tards

superjake

The PR was hired because every dumbass in the membership was posting lies on the Facebook page. What was forced? The truth? They had to do that because nobody read the damn thing and automatically posted VOTE NO!

In the old days WE NEVER VOTED DOWN CONTRACTS. Period.

In the old days we didn't open the contract mid year and let the company do what they wanted whenever they wanted they had to live by the contract they negotiated. In the old days we didn't raid our strike fund. In the old days we got double time on Suns. In the old days we had cola. In the old days when someone gave you their word they lived up to it(we will give it back when times are better) In the old days.... lol

• Like 3

In the old days we didn't open the contract mid year and let the company do what they wanted whenever they wanted they had to live by the contract they negotiated. In the old days we didn't raid our strike fund. In the old days we got double time on Suns. In the old days we had cola. In the old days when someone gave you their word they lived up to it(we will give it back when times are better) In the old days.... lol

In the old days you had two competitors. In the old days Ford had 177,000 workers. In the old days you got laid off regularly. In the old days (1980) you reopened the contract at Chrysler. In 1981 the UAW reopened all of them. Then negotiated the contract 7 months early to give the companys what they wanted. By the mid to late 1980s locals were reopening their local agreements to get work from other plants. Thats when the MOA started. Seems like you dont know much about the old days.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/12/12/us/auto-workers-and-wage-concessions-news-analysis.html

Edited by 182
  • Like 1

Guess you got me 182 Wikipedia is not my strong point lol But I'm not scared and will along with almost all of my legacy brothers and sisters in my plant vote "No" again if they bring this crap back again....

But its ok to be scared.

Its not wiki its common knowledge. The old days were hell, ask anybody that was hired in the late 70s. You were laid off all the time. Plants closed all the time.

I guess you need to feel pain to realize just how good you have it.

Proof as in writing/tape/video No, we were told this by international reps in our plant when they came around for concessions telling us how bad off the company was similar to what we are hearing now.... live to fight another day blah blah blah

problem is we never fight.

• Like 1

182 so you drink the kool aid and when Jimmy says if we vote no the product commitments might leave the table? So a yes vote means you get your construction money and your plant is saved?

Ask people from Norfolk and Atlanta if that worked out well for them....

• Like 1

182 so you drink the kool aid and when Jimmy says if we vote no the product commitments might leave the table? So a yes vote means you get your construction money and your plant is saved?

Ask people from Norfolk and Atlanta if that worked out well for them....

And here is the kool aid comment. Didnt take long.

Here read this. Your history knowledge needs a little help. Note what it says on page 90. Then what it says in the first paragraph of page 91. This has been tried before, and the UAW is 0-1. You like your odds of winning this time?

https://books.google.com/books?id=sDWFFlNv-5IC&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=ford+reopens+contract+concessions&source=bl&ots=LSQc-vN38O&sig=DEYmzBAQ34-CntohoxBsioW6w_c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBzgKahUKEwi1osb0-p3JAhXMRSYKHamTA7Y#v=onepage&q=ford%20reopens%20contract%20concessions&f=false

Edited by 182

Yes 182 I'm just another idiot but better than being a spineless jellyfish, so you were around in the 70's? lol your still here and scared? Pathetic really

Nope, was born in the 70s. But I like to know what I am talking about before opening my pie hole. Maybe you should try it.

Born in the 70's? I was willing to bet with the pain you speak of that I haven't experienced and all your vast contract knowledge and how hard it was in the 80's when you reached puberty lol that you had 35 or 40 years or were a wiki nut but alas I was wrong and it is google books lol

You got me ace....

You seem like a smart guy hopefully Jimmy warned you to save your money just incase

naaa your scared just say it.

• Like 1

I'm done with you 182 just one last question:

You said you like to know what your talking about before you open your piehole?

Why all the edited post bud?

That's ok don't answer but windows does have tabs to keep things such as "google books" and "wiki" open for quick access

Just trying to help you out bro.

• Like 1

I had to know it to find it right? Or am I that lucky to google 1982 UAW contract concessions and get a hit. I need to play the lottery,

My plant had a massive lay off in 1980. Guys went to other plants and other states. Those that didnt hit the street, for years at a time. Some didnt get called back for 14 years. I talked to guys that left and had to find jobs, not knowing if they ever were coming back. I respect that and know how much better it is today, with unemployment, SUB and at one time GEN. You guys talking about respect and dignity have no idea how good you have it.

I know my history and dont spew shit like you that is no where near the truth. The link was provided so you could see it for yourself. Admit it, you got a face full of ass and you dont like the taste of it.

Edited by 182
  • Like 1

Got me again, now that you mention it guys in my plant had no shoes and had to walk miles in the snow to get to work or at least I heard that!

If and/or when you get laid off check out Titusville, Fla little factory down there called NASA I heard they are looking

for a few good rocket scientist such as yourself, and maybe apply for the astronaut position as I hear the lack of

gravity helps those without a spine.

• Like 1