Union dues paid 3times this month

R3c8

Well ford reported all time record profits highest since 2007. Iuaw should report record Union due money taken in this year. Remember the iuaw telling the media about our $10,000 signing bonus. We all new that was a lie. Was$8500 plus $1500 removed from next years profit sharing they took Union dues out for each of those checks. So since they split the profit sharing. They get to double dip for Union dues. I bet were not done yet. I bet they take dues out of the back pay check coming up too Now add gm and fca and the iuaw also will show a record year. I knew what they were going pull when this info came out about how the $10,000 was split up in two. That's just dishonest,period.

The IUAW decided to raise our dues to 2.5 hours to increase our strike fund. Now that we didn't go on strike, I'm waiting for it to go back to 2 hours. When do you think that will happen?...... ha

I would be happy to pay 3 hrs a month! Without them you would have got nothing and would be at the unemployment office.

Edited by Weecountry

I would be happy to pay 3 hrs a month! Without them you would have got nothing and would be at the unemployment office.

Fine. You pay 3 hours a month, I go back to 2. Everybody is happy and the Union still has the same amount of money to squander each month trying to organize workers in the south that don't want their representation. Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 1

The IUAW decided to raise our dues to 2.5 hours to increase our strike fund. Now that we didn't go on strike, I'm waiting for it to go back to 2 hours. When do you think that will happen?...... ha

The IUAW DID NOT raise the dues to 1.44%. That was something that was done by Constitutional Convention delegates. Period. The IUAW can't raise dues. That is a Constitutional matter. If you have a problem with the dues increase, you need to take it up with the Constitutional Convention delegates that were sent from the Local that you are a member of. Nothing can change with the 1.44% until a Constitution Convention is called. As members, everyone should read the Constitution.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes but they add profit sharing into our signing bonus? What a joke!

No they didn't. The advance profit sharing payout is totally seperate from the signing bonus. If you would not have worked the first 8 months of the year, you would have still gotten a signing bonus but no advanced profit sharing pull ahead. This is not rocket science. If you believe that you are somehow getting screwed, no matter how you paint the picture you are going to get screwed in your eyes. If you believe that the biggest problem with this contract is the fact that you somehow believe that you are losing some of next years profit sharing, than you need to start reading the whole contract seriously. Not just glimpsing at a page believing you know what it means. Because it would be a safe bet that you have no clue what 90% of the language means.

There are a multitude of issues with this contract that need to be better explained. 50% of the workforce believes that if the cadillac tax kicks in (IF) than they will be responsible for 700 dollars a month for coverage. They believe this because they don't read. The vast majority plays the I "heard from a friend who has a friend that is best friends with a rep, and they said" card. READ. Once again it is not rocket science. All you have to do is take 30 minutes each day, and read; And what you don't understand, ask a question about. I know. No one has 30 minutes each day to read. But everyone on here seems to find an hour to post garbage that they believe to be true, when in fact the information they are stating as facts are totally false. Look that premise up in the dictionary.

So here is the real truth. Jimmie Settles stated that the only reason that the pull ahead was done, was because in 2011, the total between signing bonus and pull ahead totaled $10,000. Jimmie Settles new that if the bargaining committee did not bring back $10,000, than the cynics that have nothing better to do but post ridiculous statements would say that this was a concessionary agreement. PERIOID. If you don't believe me, than ask your president or chair that attended the rollout meeting.If they say that wasn't said, than they are not being truthful,or weren't there. The one positive that this provides is that if you have paid off FICA, than you would get more now. The negative is, if you were rolling the entire amount into a 401K, you could have already maxed out this year and can't divert into next year.

No they didn't. The advance profit sharing payout is totally seperate from the signing bonus. If you would not have worked the first 8 months of the year, you would have still gotten a signing bonus but no advanced profit sharing pull ahead. This is not rocket science. If you believe that you are somehow getting screwed, no matter how you paint the picture you are going to get screwed in your eyes. If you believe that the biggest problem with this contract is the fact that you somehow believe that you are losing some of next years profit sharing, than you need to start reading the whole contract seriously. Not just glimpsing at a page believing you know what it means. Because it would be a safe bet that you have no clue what 90% of the language means.

There are a multitude of issues with this contract that need to be better explained. 50% of the workforce believes that if the cadillac tax kicks in (IF) than they will be responsible for 700 dollars a month for coverage. They believe this because they don't read. The vast majority plays the I "heard from a friend who has a friend that is best friends with a rep, and they said" card. READ. Once again it is not rocket science. All you have to do is take 30 minutes each day, and read; And what you don't understand, ask a question about. I know. No one has 30 minutes each day to read. But everyone on here seems to find an hour to post garbage that they believe to be true, when in fact the information they are stating as facts are totally false. Look that premise up in the dictionary.

So here is the real truth. Jimmie Settles stated that the only reason that the pull ahead was done, was because in 2011, the total between signing bonus and pull ahead totaled $10,000. Jimmie Settles new that if the bargaining committee did not bring back $10,000, than the cynics that have nothing better to do but post ridiculous statements would say that this was a concessionary agreement. PERIOID. If you don't believe me, than ask your president or chair that attended the rollout meeting.If they say that wasn't said, than they are not being truthful,or weren't there. The one positive that this provides is that if you have paid off FICA, than you would get more now. The negative is, if you were rolling the entire amount into a 401K, you could have already maxed out this year and can't divert into next year.

. Fact The union spent money on a PR firm to sell a contract,I'm not a consumer of union propaganda. We pay there wages from our hard earned work. Fact. Ford should have been the lead company in negotiations,not FCA. This contract was negotiated from a position of weakess first. Negotiating a contract like this is a guaranteed losing proposition. Fact. Ford had 20 billion in North America earnings,they could have easily paid the extra $1500 in signing bonus as a good faith effort to got a majority vote in favor. By pulling money from the profit sharing,it made the IUAW and FORD look petty. Fact. I didn't like the bonuses,I would rather had raises each year. The bonuses gave the IUAW an additional 8.4 million in one time union due money. It also taxes me at the top rate,which the government gets to keep for a year interest free. Fact. We now have a permanent 8% temporary worker pool that can be worked any day of the week. Fact. There is more but it would take way too much time to mull over the rest. Everyone have a happy and safe new year.