The Lincoln MKT apparently is popular in South Dakota

I got to ride in one as a livery car going to the airport in the past year...the rear seat space wasn't as nice as the Town Car L (they even had the passenger set all the way forward!) and I wasn't really impressed with the interior either...it didn't seem any nicer then my SHO and the Flex's I've been in looked better IMO...then again maybe if the soft touch surfaces had some dressing on them (they looked kind of dusty/dingy) it would have looked more luxurious.

The styling is really a mixed bag...the concept looked good, but the production model is pretty terrible.

Have to agree with silversvt. My only experience with the MKT was very long trip from Boston Logan to New JFK to catch a flight to Korea when the flight to JFK was cancelled and we couldn't find an alternative which would get us there in time. It was livery company MKT, the interior was OK but Town Cars were more roomy and comfortable. As for the ride, the driver new we had new we had a tight connection and did between 80 and 90 the entire way. That being said, the engine noise and tire noise were a lot louder then expected. I don't know if the livery company had removed some should proofing or if there was a tire alignment issue, but it was loud ride. But it did get three passengers and the drive from Boston to JFK in time for the flight with all our luggage.

Completely unrelated, but while I've got you here....

I got the recall notice for the EPAS unit in my Fusion. Haven't taken it in yet because I haven't had any issues--or at least I haven't noticed any, and my understanding is that if it passes inspection, they close the recall, and if you have problems down the line you're on your own.

Anyway, I was changing the oil last week and I noticed that the passenger side seal on the EPAS seems to be leaking. The shaft coming out of the unit had grease on it.

What's the story on that? Is that related to the EPAS recall, or what?

Are you sure the grease is out of the rack and not slung out of CV boot? That recall, yes will close the campaign and if you have a sensor failure in the future it will be on you.

Are you sure the grease is out of the rack and not slung out of CV boot?

That didn't sound right, so I pulled up some more pics. It's not the steering rack, it's the inner shaft, and the inboard end was damp/greasy over about 3-4" coming out of the transmission. It wasn't a splatter pattern, it was more of a coating. It would've been really awkward to try to reach up and feel it to see if it was water that had run down through the engine compartment vs. grease.

Here's that chop of the MKT....

I can't be sure now because it looks so different..

PREviator-FIN_zpsdjisfocv.jpg

It's hard to call that an alteration/modification of the MKT when nothing from that image started as the MKT, so it's essentially a new vehicle (or complete redesign of an MKT at best). And that back quarter panel doesn't look right.

There is a better chop of the MKT with the Continental's grille floating around out there... I'll see if I can find it again. It looked surprisingly good.

With Aviator still a few years off, you have to wonder if they'll try another nose on the MKT before it rides off into the sunset...

That's what i was thinking, the new head of Lincoln was saying they have tried the front end look across the range

and it works well but he made mo mention of MKT, that small change would completely transform the look of the car...

So here was a quick chop I did throwing the Conti's grille/front end on the MKT.

I didn't have time to make any styling elements unique to the MKT front, but it gets the idea across.

MKT%20-%20Conti%20Front%20Chop_zpscbhgvj

Oh, from that angle the MKT looks great, I doubt much can be done with the rear quarters

but the look at the front is like ten times better.....if this si what's planned as a "get through"

then I'm all for it....Lincoln finally has a front end style that looks good,

Edited by jpd80

Oh, from that angle the MKT looks great, I doubt much can be done with the rear quarters

but the look at the front is like ten times better.....if this si what's planned as a "get through"

then I'm all for it....Lincoln finally has a front end style that looks good,

But that gives you only one ugly side to look at (Rear) Remmy, you did the impossible! You made the MKT attractive! Ford should hire you right now!

I believe that if that came out, they would sell five times as many of those.

• Like 1

Looks a lot better but I still don't like the kick up in the D pillar.

The kick up is a kind of Lincoln style characteristic that goes back a long way. Even the 60's era ones had it.

I like it on the MKT. as I said before I thought the MKT actually looked good from the side and RMC523 fixed the front. That would only leave the fat boat ass left to fix.

• Like 1

The kick up is a kind of Lincoln style characteristic that goes back a long way. Even the 60's era ones had it.

The '61 Continental had the kick up, so it's a heritage feature.

However, the kick up is an orphan in the current Lincoln lineup. I'd like to see the greenhouse of the MKX and fender features of the MKC/MKX added to the chop. Still not sure how to resolve the rear.

I like it on the MKT. as I said before I thought the MKT actually looked good from the side and RMC523 fixed the front. That would only leave the fat boat ass left to fix.

MKX rear quarter has similar styling elements as the MKT but the mix is executed much better,

it wouldn't take that much to clean up that area and make it look a lot better.

Make the duck tail less pronounced..

2016-lincoln-mkx-rear_10791_014_480x240_

Edited by jpd80