Production 2017 Lincoln Continental Revealed

I also enjoy the way the whole presentation is basically a thumb in the eye of the "performance luxury" ethos.

The live jazz combo, the focus on 30-way power adjustable seats, the repeated "Quiet Luxury" mantra. All of it a declaration that Ford's leaving the rat race, and that they don't care what twenty/thirty somethings with leased BMW 3-series and internet shouters think of them.

I also enjoy the way the whole presentation is basically a thumb in the eye of the "performance luxury" ethos.

The live jazz combo, the focus on 30-way power adjustable seats, the repeated "Quiet Luxury" mantra. All of it a declaration that Ford's leaving the rat race, and that they don't care what twenty/thirty somethings with leased BMW 3-series and internet shouters think of them.

I agree. Now I know I have a sort of old soul and tend to prefer the direction Lincoln is going to an all-out performance route, but I liked the music and the way they presented it.

To akirby's point about more fanfare, I understand what you're saying, but I also think the presentation actually goes right along with the "quiet luxury" feel. It's not a huge over the top production, it just confidently arrives and is there for all to see. Let the car speak for itself. Everything I've read so far (both write-ups, and user/reader comments) has been positive.

I was not expecting the concept interior to make it to production. Bravo!

And I guess you're right about the quiet luxury thing on the announcement - just seems like such an important vehicle would have gotten a little bit more fanfare.

Well, what fanfare would you have proposed?

Here's one from Autoweek.

I usually don't like red cars, but it looks great here!

It's funny you posted that....I almost made a comment earlier about "what do you want Volt dancers or something?" Haha

---

Here's more of it in blue exterior and the Rhaspody interior:

2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-101-
2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-102-
2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-109-
2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-110-
2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-111-
I love it.
Edited by rmc523