2017 Fusion Revealed

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that if the non-voting stock "won't be worth the paper it's printed on", Ford will be not-fine, with a catastrophic decline in sales.

IMHO, leaving the Fusion to MY2020 would be at least one year too long, but I could be mistaken.

Time will tell. :)

Model year 2019 will probably only last a few months. The number of model years is kind of irrelevant. The mid cycle update Fusion will be on the market for around 3 calendar year, maybe a few months less, which is just fine.

Edited by bzcat

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that if the non-voting stock "won't be worth the paper it's printed on", Ford will be not-fine, with a catastrophic decline in sales.

IMHO, leaving the Fusion to MY2020 would be at least one year too long, but I could be mistaken.

Time will tell. :)

There's a discussion in another thread that I think you missed. ;)

But what is the impact of waiting a year too long on a new redesign? Sales aren't dropping to zero or even half. Ford would probably have to add some cash on the hood to keep sales up but it wouldn't be a disaster.

Could it hurt sales? Yes. Could it hurt profits a little? Sure. Is it catastrophic? Of course not.

Taurus...cough....

• Like 1

Model year 2019 will probably only last a few months. The number of model years is kind of irrelevant. The mid cycle update Fusion will be on the market for around 3 calendar year, maybe a few months less, which is just fine.

Do you think adding a new gearbox would refresh the cars enough to get through to that time?

Adding an 8-speed or 9-speed transmission or maybe even a wet clutch DCT could do that

while acting as a dress rehearsal for the new platform..

Explorer is key here, if it switches to CD4 and also gains a lighter HT steel body, then I think

we will begin to see Ford evolutionary course more clearly.

Edited by jpd80

With Fiat killing off the 200 and Dart, there will be less competition at least.

That is some very low hanging fruit!!! But kind of see your point where the 200 is a popular fleet car-like the Fusion and that will trend will continue for many companies in the midsize market since it is shrinking like crazy!