Lincoln is bringing back the brown

Right side door check straps (front and back)

Had to replace the right rear door on the Sable. Those things are not at all fun to deal with once they're installed, I can tell you that for free. I think we ended up brute-forcing the straps out of the B post on the junker and hoping that we could salvage them on mine.

Yeah, you're right. After closer inspection, I see what they've done with the camo, and it's just a plain ole crew cab.

Because I remember we saw spy pics of ones like that, and debated whether it'd have a "mega cab" option. We obviously know it won't now.

Ignoring the 'RR' on the front, now THIS is what I think the next-gen Continental should have looked like!

Do a little prettying up of the headlight area, and replace the 'RR's with the Lincoln Continental Star, and NOW we're talkin'! :-)

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/rolls-phantom.jpg?itok=GvdG3fTa

rolls-phantom.jpg?itok=GvdG3fTa

1956-lincoln-continental-mark-ii-coupe-e

A little coupe inspiration here:

b7b47cb32e6553945df22199f2303590.jpg

Edited by Ovaltine
  • Like 1

Ignoring the 'RR' on the front, now THIS is what I think the next-gen Continental should have looked like!

Do a little prettying up of the headlight area, and replace the 'RR's with the Lincoln Continental Star, and NOW we're talkin'! :-)

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/rolls-phantom.jpg?itok=GvdG3fTa

rolls-phantom.jpg?itok=GvdG3fTa

1956-lincoln-continental-mark-ii-coupe-e

A little coupe inspiration here:

b7b47cb32e6553945df22199f2303590.jpg

I'm a huge fan of that big star, unfortunately the minimalism trend right now is just too pervasive for it to get any kind of support. I'm pretty thankful that the Ford family has so thoroughly embraced the Blue Oval logo's look, without them I'd expect some mercenary executive to decide it was too out of style and replace it with something terrible.

Before Aviator?

Correct, according to Lincoln's product plan from a couple years ago, Navigator will be out in 2018, new MKC and freshened MKX will be out in 2019, and then CD6 Aviator, new MKZ, refreshed (or perhaps new CD6) Continental, as well as another mystery vehicle will be out in 2020.

B859DB80-F55E-4D47-9844-AAFCDFA5A418_zps

I thought the same thing and actually typed Aviator first, but then remembered the product plan (hence the edited post). It also fits with Explorer having got a refresh for 2016, so 2019 would put it at 3 years (though Explorer has already been around since 2011, so it's had a long lifecycle). But if that's when CD6 is ready, that's when it's ready.

Edited by rmc523

Makes sense. Was hoping for a new Aviator and Explorer sooner than that but like you said - it's ready when it's ready.

I wonder if Continental and MKZ move to CD6 at the same time?

I agree, it'd be nice for them to be here sooner than later, but I'd rather them figure it all out than put out a mediocre product.

It's hard to tell, as the chart does say 2020"+" MKZ I think would be a defininte yes, as it's set to be redesigned by then. Continental I'm not sure. I don't know if it'll be an MKC scenario where it'll skip a refresh and go straight to a CD6 redesign, or if it will stick on CD4 with a refresh in 2020, and redesign after that. I think part of that would depend on whether MKZ stays alongside Fusion in Hermosillo, or if it moves elsewhere.....I can't find the thread that detailed all the production shifts as part of the UAW contract, so I can't remember if MKZ was staying or not.

Because a thought I had was what if CD6 MKZ moves to a redone FRAP that allows for hybrid/PIH production (in both next-gen Conti and MKZ) alongside Mustang production. In that type of scenario, I'd presume they'd all switch at once.

If there will be a new MKC for 2019 then it seems likely we will see a new Escape in 2018. Assuming the Ford version will still be a year ahead of time.

You're assuming that the MKC stays on the same platform as the Escape, I still think it goes to short CD4 grows a bit in size to be more Q5/X3 size, puts it on a more refined platform and can be built in Oakville with more shared parts with the MKX and be exported to China with a better trade agreement. That opens a smaller size like the Q3/X1 size to be added to the lineup, with the market today and where it is going I see a small SUV being the entry level Lincoln not a sedan.

You're assuming that the MKC stays on the same platform as the Escape, I still think it goes to short CD4 grows a bit in size to be more Q5/X3 size, puts it on a more refined platform and can be built in Oakville with more shared parts with the MKX and be exported to China with a better trade agreement. That opens a smaller size like the Q3/X1 size to be added to the lineup, with the market today and where it is going I see a small SUV being the entry level Lincoln not a sedan.

I suppose that's possible, but you don't want to make it too close to MKX size though. Now I suppose a next-gen MKX could grow a bit too, but also remember Aviator is supposed to slot above MKX soon.