U.S. Ford Ecosport for 2017

The spy photos look like the mid cycle facelift for EcoSport. Still don't think Ford will sell this car here in the US. Too small to compete properly with the other B-segment CUVs.

I'd guess we will get the next generation, which I hope is being prioritized over Fiesta - there must be a reason why Fiesta is running so late?

Ecosport Ecoboost has a ring to it.

Not a good ring, mind you.........but a ring.

A Ford exec. told me to stop thinking about EcoBoost because it will become standard and not so exclusive like it is now. I'm betting that by the time the EcoSport comes, it will have a standard EcoBoost engine.

A Ford exec. told me to stop thinking about EcoBoost because it will become standard and not so exclusive like it is now. I'm betting that by the time the EcoSport comes, it will have a standard EcoBoost engine.

This makes sense. There's no real point to having a larger displacement engine going forward in regular vehicles. With the scale of economy they can obtain on the turbo engines.

Glad to see that the ecoboost will be the mainstays in the lineup I stead of an expensive option.

Think Chevy may also be forcing their hand with standard 1.5 turbo in the Malibu.

Non-ecoboost engines are mostly found in cars sold to fleets...Ford options them that way. I'd venture to say that when there is a ecoboost option (outside of something like the Focus) it is the retail engine.

Glad to see them get an entry in this segment.. I thought GM was nuts for betting on the Encore and Trax, but they've obviously proved me wrong.

I was helping a buddy with car shopping for his fiancé and ended up getting them in an HR-V. He is a casual Ford fan (business-minded IT director for the science center in CBus, likes the way Ford does business), but ultimately, the Honda ended up being the best "fit" for them. (No pun intended)

Small car sales are shrinking (unless you're Corolla or Civic) and tiny CUV sales are growing and poised to explode once the economy tightens up. EcoSport will be ready.

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

The EcoSport MCE maybe testing in the US, but that has never been a good indication that it's coming to the US. I would still wait for later this decade before we see something from Ford in the US. They are running quite behind on this segment in a number of developed markets but I'm sure they are not in a hurry to get it wrong either (which is what happened in Europe with the current EcoSport).

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1

The EcoSport MCE maybe testing in the US, but that has never been a good indication that it's coming to the US. I would still wait for later this decade before we see something from Ford in the US. They are running quite behind on this segment in a number of developed markets but I'm sure they are not in a hurry to get it wrong either (which is what happened in Europe with the current EcoSport).

Welcome back, BORG!

If it comes in 2017, it would be the MCE model. If it's in 2018, more than likely it will be the next gen EcoSport.

The benefit for selling the MCE one in 2017 is to get the name out and recoup the volume lost by Fiesta and Focus, with a profitable product.