• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2017 Ford Mustang JOB1 Date Set

2016 Ford Mustang Final Orders Due: 04 March 2016

2017 Ford Mustang Order Banks Open: 04 April 2016

2017 Ford Mustang Scheduling Begins: 14 April 2016

2017 Ford Mustang JOB1 (start of production): 02 June 2016

does not pertain to Shelby GT350

This is inaccurate. The March 4 date is the deadline for 2016 fleet orders. Customer retail orders were accepted until April 14 (or so). I placed one on March 31, 2016 and was told by my dealer there were still another two weeks before the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

By way of further information, I placed my 2016 Mustang order on March 31 and it has a May 30 expected build date. I guess mine will be one of the last 2016s built. Hope they don't run out of Guard paint!

Thats odd, my order was placed on March 31st. too, but my build date is May13th. Must have been a lot of orders that came in.

Thats odd, my order was placed on March 31st. too, but my build date is May13th. Must have been a lot of orders that came in.

No, it's just clearing out the order bank. There's a finite amount of orders left and they aren't running us full shifts right now. It's better to keep the line running 6-7 hours a shift, rather than a full 8 hours and have to shut the plant down for 3 weeks when the order bank is prematurely emptied Edited by fuzzymoomoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What package did you order? I ordered a GT with the performance package and premium leather in the middle of March and my dealer told me yesterday it was pulled for production and will be a 2017 build not a 2016. I wonder if you order a base model or one with the ecoboost engine if they build differently.

• Like 1

What package did you order? I ordered a GT with the performance package and premium leather in the middle of March and my dealer told me yesterday it was pulled for production and will be a 2017 build not a 2016. I wonder if you order a base model or one with the ecoboost engine if they build differently.

Eh? Every mustang built since May 30th has been a 2017. Your sales guy doesn't seem to understand how the buildout and build schedules work.

I think you need to read my post - I ordered my GT in the middle of March which is well before the end of May. My dealer understands how it all works - shortly after I was told there was so many orders for the new Mustang that ford pulled what they thought they could build as 2016's before they switch over date which if I remember right was the end of May and the rest of the orders were moved to 2017's. I guess they have taken almost double the orders they had at this time last year.

I think you need to read my post - I ordered my GT in the middle of March which is well before the end of May. My dealer understands how it all works - shortly after I was told there was so many orders for the new Mustang that ford pulled what they thought they could build as 2016's before they switch over date which if I remember right was the end of May and the rest of the orders were moved to 2017's. I guess they have taken almost double the orders they had at this time last year.

What he was saying is that your dealer just told you yesterday yours would be a 2017 when the 2017s have been in production since the end of May. So your dealer knew or should have known that it would be a 2017 7 weeks ago if not sooner.