Profit sharing

BigDeal

I received the $8,500 signing bonus + a $1,500 profit sharing pull ahead in December.

I expect the $1,500 will be deducted from the profit sharing total ($3.97 multiplier).

2011 agreement had the same pull ahead benefit and will probably work the same as 2011 profit sharing/signing bonus scenario.

Thankful for the pull ahead as most trades paid off FICA back in the summer so the $10,000 bonus was taxed much, much lower.

Hope they do the pull ahead again in 2019---

• 3 weeks later...

I received the $8,500 signing bonus + a $1,500 profit sharing pull ahead in December.

I expect the $1,500 will be deducted from the profit sharing total ($3.97 multiplier).

2011 agreement had the same pull ahead benefit and will probably work the same as 2011 profit sharing/signing bonus scenario.

Thankful for the pull ahead as most trades paid off FICA back in the summer so the $10,000 bonus was taxed much, much lower.

Hope they do the pull ahead again in 2019---

paid back fica in the summer? so your saying trades made $118k already in june / july. wow... hard to believe with all the AWS schedules. so we are getting the bonus in march... so they (the skilled trades) will be taxed at the full rate, because they haven't reached the fica limit.

Yeah, just called the union. The letter from Settles seems to be getting misunderstood.

Then please explain it. My deposit is already pending and I am kind of pissed off. Even losing 42% I should have had an amount worth bitching about missing.

http://uaw.org/uaw-statement-on-ford-profit-sharing/

After reading this I am so fucking confused.

Edited by caustic

Looks like a letter was distributed by Settles stating the maximum Compensated hours for this profit sharing year will be capped at 1850 hours this year.....total crap.....so your 3.97 x 1850 will give you a maximum benefit of $7344.50.......Thanks again negotiating team for this BS contract.....LOL

Not sure where you got this from.

If you take my profit sharing gross and subtract 1500 (prepayment) then divide by the $3.97 per hour multiple I got paid for 2408 hrs worked last year.

Where did you get that the hrs were capped.

I like how they always over inflate the amount we're supposed to get. LIARS!

I got a few dollars more than I expected based on what had been said.

I kept hearing that $9600 was the average. $9600 - 1500 is $8100. Did someone gross less than $8100 who was not on lay off last year?

You guys whine like a bunch of school girls.

We should be complaining about TTP and the 6 million manufacturing JOBS we have let leave the U.S. in the past 10 years.

Don't care what party you are in this should be a huge concern. Someone needs to wake up.

Remember this:

Was he ever right.

Edited by Dayshift

I got a few dollars more than I expected based on what had been said.

I kept hearing that $9600 was the average. $9600 - 1500 is $8100. Did someone gross less than $8100 who was not on lay off last year?

You guys whine like a bunch of school girls.

I'm north of 2200 hours and I grossed minus the 1500 6900.80.

I'm not sure if I should be pissed or if my check is accurate.

I kept seeing and hearing 9345 minus the 1500 so it would have been 7845. I'm obviously not close to that. I know if I ask my union rep I'll hear "i'll get back to you".

Fuck...

By the math on my stub you'd have needed to work over 2300 hours to get the 7845.

Edited by caustic

Map workers are in same boat,with all the layoffs coming.

Yes, however

A. They aren't off for 9 weeks straight (was 6 until they added 3 weeks on Friday)

B. They're losing their product earlier than MAP is and crazy papa Sergio called the car they're building now garbage and sales are tanking big time. They will likely have a lot more down time.

I do see your point. I started at MAP and this is the first year since I've worked for Ford I've gotten a full profit sharing check thanks to all of the OT I was working here at FRAP.