Retiree health care.

niteeyes

• 5 months later...

Review the benefits real good. I just ran into a problem where office visits to doctors are not covered unless it is in an office. I recently had my physical denied for payment by the UAW Trust because Cleveland Clinic bills as an outpatient facility now. They use to bill as "Office Visit". This has caused me to have to find a doctor in an office setting that bills as such.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This is of interest. When you turn 65 your eligible for Medicaid (mandatory). Being retired military I'm eligible for Tri-Care we call it and only pay for the Medicaid/Medicare but go through the TC for coverage. Also a good idea to start collecting SS at age 62 or as soon as possible. To make it up if waiting to 65-70 you'll be 90 years old before seeing any difference by taking the early penalty. Of coarse if your still working after retirement there's additional penalties until age 70.

Bonus if you have annuities or 401K's. Had one I had to start drawing on and 2 others that are idle. No expert, just been there done that already. No, not a Ford employee but retirement's been great since 2011. Who ever thought they'ed live long enough to collect back though lol.

Edited by Rich B.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2018 at 8:14 AM, theoldwizard said:

White collar get Medicare plus $1800 per person per year after age 65.

Dear Old Wizard:

Hello.

Sorry, This seems to be the only way to contact you.  Evidently, there is no longer the personal email on this site.  

Please contact me at: ggwoconnor@gmail.com.

I would like to pick your brain, if I may.

Sincerely, 

1989_champaigne