2017 MKX ORDER GUIDE AND JOB 1

Glad to see Magnetic Gray, the MKX was seriously lacking a decent color selection in 2016. I have Black Velvet which I don't think looks great on the curvy MKX so I would have liked a dark metallic like Magnetic Gray.

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the production schedule for the 2017 Lincoln MKX.

• 08/05/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/08/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/21/2016 - 2016MY Job Last Date

• 08/15/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/22/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/24/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date
  • Like 1

I Have no inside info at all , other than to think that near end October for Job 1 of 2017 MY , and 2016 the first year of this new generation is a very long model run . Do a protracted 17 model run and then do an early 2018 with the new face. They did a similar thing with the new generation of Explorer , as the 2011 model run the first year was a long run , ended early and the 2012 run started in early June . This was my thoughts.

I Have no inside info at all , other than to think that near end October for Job 1 of 2017 MY , and 2016 the first year of this new generation is a very long model run . Do a protracted 17 model run and then do an early 2018 with the new face. They did a similar thing with the new generation of Explorer , as the 2011 model run the first year was a long run , ended early and the 2012 run started in early June . This was my thoughts.

Don't read too much into production dates. 2015 Edge had only a 11 month production run and that was an all new model. 2016 MKX is an all new model. They're not going to refresh it after only 2 model years.

According to Lincoln's Timeline, the MKX is scheduled for a refresh in 2019 along with a new MKC. It would be nice to see the 3.0T in the MKX but I doubt they'd do that before a refresh, and technically the 3.0T is a very late add to the MKZ and Continental anyway so the gap for MKX may be less than 2 years.

Edited by BORG

The 2015 Edge and 2016 MKX launches were both delayed. They're probably syncing them back up for the 2017 model year. No reason to believe it will be a short run for either one.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see Magnetic Gray, the MKX was seriously lacking a decent color selection in 2016. I have Black Velvet which I don't think looks great on the curvy MKX so I would have liked a dark metallic like Magnetic Gray.

100% agree and I have black too...sometimes i feel like an uber driver :(

I'm also not a fan, i want to like it but it just doesn't look good in real life same with blue both feel old, reminds me of something Morty Seinfield would wear in Del Boca Vista.

We liked Luxe because it was different. It wasn't silver and it wasn't dark grey. You see the same color on a lot of other vehicles including luxury makes. To each his own. And yes, we're old.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This was in Automotive News today......

Lincoln MKX

Segment: Premium CUV

Drivetrain option(s): FWD/AWD

Powertrain(s): Gasoline

Updated: 08/12/16
Freshen 2019

Redesigned less than a year ago, the MKX has leaped ahead of the MKZ to become Lincoln’s most popular nameplate, but it already looks somewhat dated because it still bears the old split-wing grille. A freshening in 2019 should take care of that and add a nine-speed transmission.

• 4 weeks later...