Ford Everest

This morning I went to Penera Bread to have a cup of coffee and to my amazement, there was a brand new Ford Everest prototype in the parking lot with Michigan 52-M-XXXX plates parked there.

The vehicle was a left had drive, four wheel drive, bright red color that looked ready for sale!

I live about 40 miles from Dearborn but only 10 miles from the GM Milford Proving grounds so I do not know if its a Ford or GM vehicle????

The size of the vehicle is much like the last generation Body on frame Explorer we use to have but with modern styling.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Is ford thinking about making this vehicle in the US? Where would it be slotted, between the Edge and the current Explorer??

It looks great and rugged. I did not notice if the rear axle was a beam or independent axle?

Edsel Ford

Ford has all of their global vehicles in Dearborn at any given time, doesn't really mean anything about the local market. Personally I was hoping the "Bronco" name would be their competitor to the Jeep Renegade or Chevy Trax. This is essentially what it was when it was a concept so many years ago.

Edited by BORG

This morning I went to Penera Bread to have a cup of coffee and to my amazement, there was a brand new Ford Everest prototype in the parking lot with Michigan 52-M-XXXX plates parked there.

The vehicle was a left had drive, four wheel drive, bright red color that looked ready for sale!

I live about 40 miles from Dearborn but only 10 miles from the GM Milford Proving grounds so I do not know if its a Ford or GM vehicle????

The size of the vehicle is much like the last generation Body on frame Explorer we use to have but with modern styling.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Is ford thinking about making this vehicle in the US? Where would it be slotted, between the Edge and the current Explorer??

It looks great and rugged. I did not notice if the rear axle was a beam or independent axle?

Edsel Ford

We can only hope. I won't have to listen to my wife say....."I can't see out of the (fill in the blank)..."Explorer," "Edge", "Escape". to say nothing of the fact its BOF-perhaps that might be a choice for some in a fleet of crossover look alikes.

Ruh roh, Raggy! Just don't get TOO close! ;-)

No recall for Ford Everest or Ranger ute: fire was caused by a loose battery cable

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/manufacturing/no-recall-for-ford-everest-or-ranger-ute-fire-was-caused-by-a-loose-battery-cable/news-story/9d3bea1a30bd2e486aa57c5236fe6d75

In any case, make sure that the battery cables are connected properly!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Ruh roh, Raggy! Just don't get TOO close! ;-)

No recall for Ford Everest or Ranger ute: fire was caused by a loose battery cable

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/manufacturing/no-recall-for-ford-everest-or-ranger-ute-fire-was-caused-by-a-loose-battery-cable/news-story/9d3bea1a30bd2e486aa57c5236fe6d75

In any case, make sure that the battery cables are connected properly!

-Ovaltine

This was a bad miss by Ford, not checking out the vehicle properly before giving it to a reviewer

and also on the reviewer because he knew there was something wrong with the car but he also

never bothered to take it back to Ford or to even take a quick peek under the hood...

Had he done that, he would have spotted one of the battery leads not under a bolt..

Insane because the Everest is Ranger based and thoroughly reliable.

Edited by jpd80

This was a bad miss by Ford, not checking out the vehicle properly before giving it to a reviewer

and also on the reviewer because he knew there was something wrong with the car but he also

never bothered to take it back to Ford or to even take a quick peek under the hood...

Had he done that, he would have spotted one of the battery leads not under a bolt..

Insane because the Everest is Ranger based and thoroughly reliable.

You're assuming a car reviewer actually knows something about how a car works. His Eh I'm just going to ignore and it will fix itself attitude idea shows he wasn't the smartest person.

You're assuming a car reviewer actually knows something about how a car works. His Eh I'm just going to ignore and it will fix itself attitude idea shows he wasn't the smartest person.

On the contrary, being a News Corp journalist, looking for a bad news story.on an award winning vehicle

that played up with all sorts of electrical gremlins, I bet he was ready to write a hatchet piece.

Edited by jpd80

On the contrary, being a News Corp journalist, looking for a bad news story.on an award winning vehicle

that played up with all sorts of electrical gremlins, I bet he was ready to write a hatchet piece.

Maybe to the point he loosened the cable himself. Media doesn't report news anymore, they make it.

Ford has all of their global vehicles in Dearborn at any given time, doesn't really mean anything about the local market. Personally I was hoping the "Bronco" name would be their competitor to the Jeep Renegade or Chevy Trax. This is essentially what it was when it was a concept so many years ago.

IIRC, The Bronco Conpect was based on U152 / U251 wasn't it? That is quite a bit bigger than those two.

post-609-0-78615800-1462500522_thumb.jpg

Great looking Bronco. Is that yours?

oldest son's. The tan one is my youngest son's. Just got it a couple of months ago. A 74, 302, c-4 with about 35,000 miles. In the same family since new. spent its last years just plowing snow on owners property. My son is in to it big time. He had an old chassis that sat outside for about 10 years that was better than the frame on this one so he had it blasted and painted and he says he is going to swap everything over to it. I tell him he is nuts!

Turqouise one is mine-68, 289, 3 on column. i haven't had it on registered since 98 and the wife is after to me to get it back on road.

post-609-0-43616600-1462500580_thumb.jpg