2017 Ford Edge Production Information

robertlane

They removed the heated wipers?! :rant2: That's lame, it's what pushed me over the edge (no pun intended) to buy the Cold Weather Package.

1st question, why?

2nd question, so is Ford or my dealer going to refund me the premium they charged me for this feature/package I ordered in September?

I'm pretty sure I heard a radio commercial today promoting this heater wiper feature for the Escape. Add this to the "I don't get it list" along with Sync Connect (remote start) :headscratch:

Edit: I heard the radio commercial again. It was about the Focus having heated everything (except wipers). Either way, I'm still going to pout about my de-featured Edge :baby:

Edited by NYT

I am starting to doubt Ford would announce early next year that Android Auto / Carplay can not be supported on 2016 Edges.

But good news : people who really need it can go buy a 2017 Edge. (For discounts on that purchase, its between you and your nearest Ford dealer)

I am starting to doubt Ford would announce early next year that Android Auto / Carplay can not be supported on 2016 Edges.

But good news : people who really need it can go buy a 2017 Edge. (For discounts on that purchase, its between you and your nearest Ford dealer)

Wait until 2018 when the Edge gets a minor facelift and everyone complains :stirpot:

Update from Ford, today.

Thank you for your interest in our 2017 Ford Edge! The vehicle was made available for order in late August 2016 and is estimated to arrive on dealership lots in mid November 2016. The Build-and-Price is normally updated to Ford.com closer to the availability of the vehicle for purchase, and we have confirmed the estimated time frame for the Build-and-Price to be on our website will be mid November 2016 as well. Please keep updated with http://www.ford.com/ and our Marketing Program Headquarters for the latest vehicle information.

If you have any further questions regarding the 2017 Edge, our Marketing Program Headquarters is here to help. You can give us a call at 1-800-334-4375 and we are available Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET. When you call, we can also schedule a demonstration drive at a time and dealership of your choice.

• Like 1

In fairness it was a bit enlightening to me (I dont have a long histroy following Ford... I had a Camaro :) ). My dealer had me braced for Dec at the earliest. Knowing some Edge's could hit the street in mid Nov is positive news for me.

I assume Ford doesn't have the 2017 build & price up yet because they still have inventory (on lots) they want everyone to try and focus on. However since you can't custom order a 16 anymore and you can order a 17 (they're in production) personally I think the 17's should be up on the web now.

Two things:

Your order could still done in December. Dealer stock orders are the only things built for the first several weeks of production until the OK to buy is given, then special orders start being built.

Why bother changing the build and price on the website when there's really not much difference between '16 and '17?

Why bother changing the build and price on the website when there's really not much difference between '16 and '17?

For me, several reasons.

The 2017 Build site will have the new colors shown, and any small changes, if any.

Is the pricing exactly the same for the '17 as the '16? I doubt it.

I have an X-Plan PIN. If I do a Build and Price on the 2017, I can get an exact X-Plan price for a 2017 off the final page. It is harder to negotiate if you don't have an exact price, the dealer can tell you whatever he wants.

In fairness it was a bit enlightening to me (I dont have a long histroy following Ford... I had a Camaro :) ). My dealer had me braced for Dec at the earliest. Knowing some Edge's could hit the street in mid Nov is positive news for me.

I assume Ford doesn't have the 2017 build & price up yet because they still have inventory (on lots) they want everyone to try and focus on. However since you can't custom order a 16 anymore and you can order a 17 (they're in production) personally I think the 17's should be up on the web now.

The pricing has been up on NADA for several weeks (at least 3).. not sure why anyone would care about the Build & Price on Ford.com when you can go elsewhere to get it much sooner.

It does if you go through a x plan website like fordpartner.com.

Bingo!!!

For me, X-Plan pricing is my starting point. What I want to know from the 4 dealers within 20 miles of me is how much they can beat X-Plan by. In order to do that I have to have the Build site up, because the Partner site sends you to the Build site to build the vehicle, but they give you X-Plan pricing on the build site. I did the pricing below a few minutes ago, but it is still for 2016.

I did this in March for my '16 F-150 Platinum, I beat X-Plan by $700, and still got the $100 Doc Fee and all incentives. Now I am ready to order the 2017 Edge. What I learned with the truck is that if you ask the dealer for X-Plan, they get upset when you ask them to beat it. They said that Ford will not allow negotiating off X-Plan pricing.

I don't want to bore you all with the details, but I learned a lot with negotiating the truck. You can do it if the dealers are close by.

post-55979-0-33553300-1477792781_thumb.jpg

I ordered a 2017 on 10/20/17. Titaniam Burgundy Velvet.

From what I'm reading, it seems like I won't see my vehicle till Spring. I sure hope it's not going to take that long....

Lenny

What is your order priority? No reason it couldn't be built in November/December and delivered in January/February.

If Ford is persistent in keeping the '16 up, then why don't they have both the '16 & '17 up like the Explorer?

Because the 17s aren't on the lot yet. I presume the 17 Explorer is already on the lots.

It could also just be a case by case decision by marketing.

How is this determined? Who is in the front of the line and what can be done to be bumped up?

Order priority is 100% controlled by your dealer. If they follow the rules then retail (sold) orders should be 10-19 and dealer stock should be 20+. Orders are built starting with lowest priority. The order priority is on the DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement - ask the dealer for a copy).

If you have a priority of 10 then yours will be built first when the dealer gets allocation. If there are multiple priority 10 orders they go by order date.

• Like 2