2017 Lincoln Continental Build and Price Goes Live @ Lincoln.com

That's without black label though right?

A fully loaded BL (without Chroma special paint which is $1,750 extra) comes up to $78,705 (incl. performance tires).

So if you're going for a fully loaded one, BL is the far better deal.

A fully loaded BL (without Chroma special paint which is $1,750 extra) comes up to $78,705 (incl. performance tires).

So if you're going for a fully loaded one, BL is the far better deal.

Where did you see BL? They don't have the Black Label build and price up yet.

The old, unrefined 3.7L V6 engine lives on in the new Continental!? Perhaps its inclusion in the Continental model lineup is one way marketers at Lincoln are encouraging potential customers to choose variants that exceed $50k.

The old, unrefined 3.7L V6 engine lives on in the new Continental!? Perhaps its inclusion in the Continental model lineup is one way marketers at Lincoln are encouraging potential customers to choose variants that exceed $50k.

Perhaps you should stop talking about things with which you don't have experience. I have a 2016 MKX with the 3.7L and it's not unrefined at all.

Edited by akirby

Perhaps you should stop talking about things with which you don't have experience. I have a 2016 MKX with the 3.7L and it's not unrefined at all.

Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions about what automobiles I've experienced. I've driven at least a half dozen Ford products equipped with normally aspirated 3.5L and 3.7L V6 engines between 2008 and 2014, along with vehicles from Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen, GM, and FCA with comparable V6 engines. The Ford powerplants had a coarse and gritty soundtrack, though Ford Flex did a better job suppressing the racket than Taurus, MKS, and Edge. The other brands' V6 engines, particularly those from Honda and Toyota, were notably better in terms of NVH control.

If Lincoln indeed hopes to position Continental as a premium car, the 3.7L engine has no place in that model.

Edited by aneekr

The 3.7 also had a redesign, and the new one started its life in the 2015 mustang.

Isn't the 3.7L V6 in 2015 Mustang essentially the same as the unit introduced for MY 2011 Mustang? I understand that Ford added VVT (cam phasing) on both the intake and exhaust camshafts in 2010, but I've not heard of any significant changes to the engine since then. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My personal impressions aside, here's what Consumer Reports said about the normally aspirated 3.7L V6 and 6-speed AT in 2013 Lincoln MKS. This is the same powertrain found on non-turbo versions of 2017 Lincoln Continental, if I understand things correctly:

"The [304-hp, 3.7-liter V6] engine sounds somewhat strained and harsh when pushed and isolation isn't up to par for a luxury car. The standard six-speed automatic transmission feels unrefined, sometimes shifting abruptly or thumping into gear when downshifting. This is uncharacteristic for a modern luxury car."