New (to us) ride for the wife

After being a member of this forum for the better part of a decade (maybe longer?), I'm proud to say that today we became part of the Ford family. :)

My wife's 99 Maxima had pretty much run out of usable life (read: I can't be bothered to fix it now), so we needed to go out and find her another car because there's no way I'll be able to give her rides to work since we moved. Long story short, she ended up wanting a Fusion in Ruby Red, with all the toys. After about a week of headaches and near misses, we brought one home today. We're calling this her week-late birthday present. ;)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, Ruby Red w/black interior, every option but AWD. I expect her to have fun with this one, especially the modernity of it all compared to her Maxima.

Amys%20new%20car.jpg

Edited by papilgee4evaeva
  • Like 10

Thanks, all. :)

We spent several minutes learning the Sync commands and interfacing with MFT. It ain't half bad. I haven't spent any time with Sync 3 yet to compare, but if it's really that drastic an improvement over MFT, then good for Ford.

MFT is slow, full stop. That said, it's not deal breaking IMO. I have no issues with mine.

Enjoy the new wheels-very nice. Just out of curiosity what ever brought you to this site as you were not an owner? Employed in industry?

Nah, not employed in industry, but I'm a fan of the automotive world. Back when I joined BOF, Ford had just come out with a slew of new models, namely the Five Hundred, Fusion, Edge, and retro Mustang, and I became interested in keeping tabs on the company's developments.

Nah, not employed in industry, but I'm a fan of the automotive world. Back when I joined BOF, Ford had just come out with a slew of new models, namely the Five Hundred, Fusion, Edge, and retro Mustang, and I became interested in keeping tabs on the company's developments.

Well great-glad to see you finally have a Blue Oval in the fleet!

• Like 1

Congrats on the new ride! My Fusion is very similar and I really like it.

MFT is slow, full stop. That said, it's not deal breaking IMO. I have no issues with mine.

I have MFT in my truck and my Fusion, and for me, it works just fine except for the navigation. Besides being out of date, it's slow and doesn't always pick the best routes. For the most part, I use Google maps on my iPhone (mounted to the right of the climate controls using a Proclip) for directions which I have found to be MUCH better than any in-car navigation.

Ours works perfectly fine so far. I bet if I used it and Sync 3 back-to-back, I'd arrive at the exact same verdict of slowness.

I ordered my wife a 2017 Explorer and it's coming with Sync 3, so I will be able to test MFT and Sync 3 back to back. Hopefully it won't make me hate MFT. :)

• Like 2

I've had MFT in 3 different vehicles (one was my daughter's) for the last 3 years or so. After the 3.8 update I don't remember having a problem. It's been pretty solid.

We got sync 3 in the new MKX 4 months ago. It's fantastic - pinch to zoom, very fast and easy touch controls, stays on the Audio screen, etc. Yesterday we got a navigation fault and had to do a reset - otherwise it's been flawless.

I don't have a problem going back to MFT after using sync 3 but it is sort of like going back to an iphone 5 after you have an iphone 6.

• Like 2

I have MFT in my truck and my Fusion, and for me, it works just fine except for the navigation. Besides being out of date, it's slow and doesn't always pick the best routes. For the most part, I use Google maps on my iPhone (mounted to the right of the climate controls using a Proclip) for directions which I have found to be MUCH better than any in-car navigation.

Thats what I do also, but I use Waze instead (which is owned by Google anyways!). I'll save $700 or so in my next car, though once in a while its nice just to see roads in your area if you know where your at but not 100% sure how to get there (which happening alot to me since I moved back to the area I was originally from...finding new routes to old places from my new house.)

Has anyone heard anything about a Waze app for SYNC 3?

I end up using my phone for navigation since inputing a destination on MyLincoln Touch or Sync 3 is still very distracting while driving and extremely unreliable. I can just use natural language voice commands on the phone without even looking at it.

I've been using voice control to enter navigation destinations for the last month (at least 40 - we're looking for land to build a new home) with no problems whatsoever on sync 3.

hit voice button

"Destination Street Address"

hit voice button to skip tutorial

"1234 main street city"

hit voice button again

"set as destination"

Could not be more simple.