Your $70,000 Hyundai is here..

Fgts

Continental certainly has more style and luxury, even if it's technologically under-developed compared to what the Genesis has to offer at the same money. The Genesis has far less to do with Hyundai than Continental has to do with Ford.

Edited by BORG

The article says that it will hit the dealer lots at the end of the month. I saw one this last weekend while driving in the Philadelphia area, It came up behind me and I first thought it was a Chrysler 300. When it passed me it was a Genesis and clearly like the one in the picture.

Edited by hermans

You also have to look at global sales to determine the success of a product, the Genesis is in more markets (especially Asia) than Lincoln. So in reality, they might sell more cars than Lincoln which is why Lincoln's product development is mostly focused on design and marketing instead of bespoke engineering.

I don't think Genesis will be a big seller here anytime soon. But with Hyundai surpassing Ford sales globally, I don't think there is any doubt they can make this work and they certainly have the commitment to do it.

Edited by BORG