USA Today: Ford Bronco SUV making slow-speed chase back into lineup

We'll see when it comes to America, but if that were the sole, or even primary, reason for Ford not building one, we most likely wouldn't have the Raptor...

Sales for those outlier models don't scale well in smaller markets,

I fully expect the US tol get its own dedicated wilder sports models..

Down here, Ford is more focused in supplying compliant mine site

vehicles for fleet buyers

I was merely pointing out that the determined customers in smaller markets

can also get what they want, it takes a bit more work though.

Edited by jpd80

I would have gone with the king ranch on my 15 but I didn't want the Chrome rims with the Chrome package.... and I didn't want the cheap looking lite up steps with the non chrome package so I upgraded to the Platinum. Also didn't like the orange looking trim pieces on the doors where the Platinums had darker looking ones.

I'd have to compare them again whenever it is time. With an 8year ESP, I doubt I'll be upgrading before then but I won't keep this thing out of warranty. I will say.. the heated steering wheel is HEAVEN lol.

My guy showed me a $84k KR F450 on order and A-Plan was $76,000 plus rebates.. so at least with A plan you get get about $10k off higher trim levels.

I didn't like the KR before, but I really like the seats now, and I can live with the wood trim in the door. Overall, I really like the KR and think it is the best overall package for the money. A Lariat loaded like I want is within a stone's throw of the KR sticker, and the KR should hold resale a bit better. The new power steps are pretty sweet too.

I was merely pointing out that the determined customers in smaller markets

can also get what they want, it takes a bit more work though.

jpd80, I have seen several modified Rangers and Everests for sale on youtube by Team Hutchinson Ford in Christchurch, New Zealand. Do you know if that dealer provides any warranty for the parts they install?

jpd80, I have seen several modified Rangers and Everests for sale on youtube by Team Hutchinson Ford in Christchurch, New Zealand. Do you know if that dealer provides any warranty for the parts they install?

Hi, if you listen to those ads on youtube it's clear that the dealer is saying full three year 100,000 km warranty applies.

that tells us either Ford will cover those parts if they are genuine accessories of the dealer will stand behind

those products fitted to the car or in ths case Ranger.

I've seen this a few times before with dealer generated specials and they work quite well, I personally haven't heard

of any bad examples - I suspect the dealers do a lot of research before presenting to buyers for obvious reasons.

The fender flares and running boards are a genuine options but the 20" wheels and wider tires are after market.

Gotta watch them Kiwi and Aussie Ford dealers, they do some cool, neat stuff when they know buyers will like it.:)

Edited by jpd80

Well if the Bronco is intended to compete with Wrangler, the hardware/development of a Ranger Raptor would make sense. I wonder if "Raptor" would/could/should be used on all three

I would hope that any "Ford Performance" version of the Ranger and/or Bronco would get its own name instead of being called a "Raptor". What I wouldn't mind them using is the "Lightning" name on an AWD performance version of a Ranger with the Raptor's high output 3.5 EcoBeast. :drool: FWIW, I hope they use F100 instead Ranger as well.

There were a few MAJOR fleet buyers (Orkin) of the old Ranger.mainly because it was inexpensive.

How true-in fact wasn't the last one off the line part of an Orkin order?

Hopefully, regardless of size, it will be offered in a real "work truck spec." Minimal gadgets, but a true plain jane commercial vehicle with select options as opposed to "equipment groups" that make no logical sense other than to drive up the average transaction price..

Somewhere there has to be that fine line where the lost profit associated with the higher ATP, is overtaken by the greater sales numbers associated with the "good value" pricing.

I am still hoping it will be no larger than the old Sport Trac !

Same here. I obviously like the size or I wouldn't have kept mine this long. Well, that and the fact that I haven't been able to buy a direct replacement from Ford.

One thing I hope they don't repeat from the Sport Trac is the lack of advertising...Kinda hard to sell something that few people even know exists.

• Like 1

One thing I hope they don't repeat from the Sport Trac is the lack of advertising...Kinda hard to sell something that few people even know exists.

Unfortunately Ford has a tendency to do this with various models, which I don't understand. I hope you're right and they don't continue this practice with these models.