Raptor broke

coupe3w

From the looks of it, I'd say he busted something in the front drivetrain. Looks to be only 2 wd at the end. If you watch, his front driver's side pops up just before he stops. I'd say he probably stuck something and snapped one of the half shafts.

Can vehicles do this? Usually. Will things break when you do crap like this? Very likely.

The other trucks made it through. The raptor is suppose to be an off road go through anything truck and it broke. Maybe it was driver error hummm?

The thing is, you have no idea what broke, how it broke, or exactly what the truck went through beforehand. Maybe the Raptor hit that rock that was mentioned in the other video.

And the Raptor is built as a desert runner. Doesn't necessarily mean it will survive anything you throw at it, specifically the owner carelessly plodding through 3' of muddy water.

Raptor was designed for desert off-roading, not rock crawling or mud bogging.

Oh I see so when Ford says off road they really mean just nice soft sand desert stuff. Got ya! So don't go through any muddy water or your truck may get stuck and break says that right in the owners manual does it?

Raptor was designed for desert off-roading, not rock crawling or mud bogging.

Oh I see so when Ford says off road they really mean just nice soft sand desert stuff. Got ya! So don't go through any muddy water or your truck may get stuck and break says that right in the owners manual does it?

Really? You think off-roading is normally done in 3 feet of muddy water?

• Like 1

It's all about tires. Tires specific to the extreme condition. The FJ appears to have all on Mudder while the Raptor looks to be wearing All Terrain. "All (insert anything here)" are always compromised in certain conditions. Extreme mud like that would require mud specific tires. The Raptor on mudder tires would have blasted through - I have no doubt.

I know from winter driving in the Rockies that when things get dicey, tires are the most important thing. We see lots of trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs stuck during snowstorms - but rarely, almost never those with good winter tires. I'll take my Explorer with good, high performance winter tires in a blizzard and drifts of snow any day over a Wrangler, FJ, or any hard core off-roader on all-terrain or all-season tires.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

YouTube is full of videos of people breaking their Raptors or crashing Mustangs, these products just attracts those sort of dipshits.

Yeah, it is not enough that the Raptor on "all terrain" tires gets stuck and breaks, they have show that the FJ made it through. This is like beating the Yankees - It's everyone's big deal when it rarely happens.

It wasn't the 3 feet of mud. I would bet one of two things happened. Either he hit something and damaged the transfer case. Or all that spinning and bouncing off the rev limiter then something caught and it broke some internals of the transfer case or drive shaft. I've seen driveshafts look like a twizzler

Raptors are not set up to do this from the factory....and neither are Jeeps. A bone stock Wrangler would not have made it through that either.

Look at the spare tire on the back of that FJ. That sure ain't stock.

Tires specific to the extreme condition.

You don't play basketball wearing Sperry's and you don't run on a wet boat deck in a storm using Nike Jordan's

• Like 1

Exactly. You outfit your 4wheeler for the conditions you will be using it in. AT's are fine for hard fast trail running. No real wheeler uses they for muddin or rock crawling.

If he is using rpm's to try to force his way through due to the lack of traction of the tires, all it takes is a spinning front tire to find traction and something will go boom. The throttle is not your friend in wheeling, other than prerunning.

It would be nice if the critics knew something about 4-wheeling. I can take out any 4wd and break it. ANY ONE. Don't believe me?? Then give me your baby, and I will figure out what will break it. Frankly, it isn't very hard.

Edited by Extreme4x4

• 1 year later...