IRCP Grads

damagedone37

How long/ How many have been taken at your plants?

When I was at core skills at the Tech Center and this came from the UAW head of Skilled Trades Negotiating the new formula is:

62 years old and at least 10 years of seniority.

30 years regardless of age.

When any journeyman meets this criteria, the company has to put an apprentice on for the specific trade, unless it is being phased out.

Good luck to anyone who has gotten picked or is awaiting.

How long/ How many have been taken at your plants?

When I was at core skills at the Tech Center and this came from the UAW head of Skilled Trades Negotiating the new formula is:

62 years old and at least 10 years of seniority.

30 years regardless of age.

When any journeyman meets this criteria, the company has to put an apprentice on for the specific trade, unless it is being phased out.

Good luck to anyone who has gotten picked or is awaiting.

Depends on how many finish their classes by 1/1/2017 at your plant.

Some plants are putting trades on like crazy. The key is to get your classes done by the deadline and get your spot on the list.

HEY----as a tradesperson who meets ALL the criterion for adding on new apprentices I am glad to help you.Now,,,listen,,,if you get a chance to pick your trade;depending upon your interests;pick Millwright or PSO do NOT pick electrician and here is why.I am not just a begrudge employee it is a FACT that electrician is the trade that has been sacrificed by the IUAW to do "anything" and "everything" the plant may need to keep running.If you pick electrician,dont worry about combining of classifications in the contract because it is just assumed that you JUMP when anybody snaps their fingers.Now,millwrights get the maximum respect from management because they are smart enough to stick together.Management screw one it screws them all,,,get it.PSO is a highly marketable skill---the MOST highly marketable skill outside of FoMoCo.Just ask yourself "where else do they have heating,cooling?ALSO the PSO is not production essential,nearly as much as electrician.As an electrician I have been pressured to push units and baby-sit whatever mechanical issues arise as well as assit the boss "hey uh Fatso, what 'you' need over there"?Now guess again if you think you get more or less respect for being the MOST critical trade involved with maintaining the plants productivity.TRUST ME millwright or PSO is the way to go.Good-Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

HEY----as a tradesperson who meets ALL the criterion for adding on new apprentices I am glad to help you.Now,,,listen,,,if you get a chance to pick your trade;depending upon your interests;pick Millwright or PSO do NOT pick electrician and here is why.I am not just a begrudge employee it is a FACT that electrician is the trade that has been sacrificed by the IUAW to do "anything" and "everything" the plant may need to keep running.If you pick electrician,dont worry about combining of classifications in the contract because it is just assumed that you JUMP when anybody snaps their fingers.Now,millwrights get the maximum respect from management because they are smart enough to stick together.Management screw one it screws them all,,,get it.PSO is a highly marketable skill---the MOST highly marketable skill outside of FoMoCo.Just ask yourself "where else do they have heating,cooling?ALSO the PSO is not production essential,nearly as much as electrician.As an electrician I have been pressured to push units and baby-sit whatever mechanical issues arise as well as assit the boss "hey uh Fatso, what 'you' need over there"?Now guess again if you think you get more or less respect for being the MOST critical trade involved with maintaining the plants productivity.TRUST ME millwright or PSO is the way to go.Good-Luck!

what is a PSO?