NAIAS 2017

I read from somebody 'in the industry' who says it's the Mustang MCE and Expy, while Lincoln has no press conference this year and will debut Navigator in New York which makes some sense. I would not be surprised if Mustang is revealed ahead of the Expedition in the press, or Vice Versa.

I read from somebody 'in the industry' who says it's the Mustang MCE and Expy, while Lincoln has no press conference this year and will debut Navigator in New York which makes some sense. I would not be surprised if Mustang is revealed ahead of the Expedition in the press, or Vice Versa.

Makes sense to me. Would surprise me if Expy was revealed via the press over Mustang since it's an all new model and Mustang isn't.

Good point. If not Detroit, New York?

Since its a refresh, maybe the Texas state Fair? Has anyone posted about Job 1 changes for next year?

I saw another site that the two day release schedule is pretty light for a major show like this, so there will most likely be lots of things off site?

• Like 1

This is not going to happen, but I would like to see Ford show the 'bones' of the Model E family, i.e. the chassis. That would leave the door open to speculation about sedan/hatchback/CUV configurations, and give Ford some publicity regarding what I presume would be its first bespoke hybrid/PIH/EV chassis. Seems like a win all the way around, not to mention I selfishly would like to see what they are doing!

• Like 1

Mustang update seems like a sure bet for Detroit.

I suspect Navigator will go first (in Detroit) and Expy will follow in Chicago or NY.

And my no-brainer advice for Ford - put some plastic cladding on the C-Max and watch the thing fly off dealer lots.

Mustang update seems like a sure bet for Detroit.

I suspect Navigator will go first (in Detroit) and Expy will follow in Chicago or NY.

And my no-brainer advice for Ford - put some plastic cladding on the C-Max and watch the thing fly off dealer lots.

Lincoln is not unveiling new product in Detroit.

[quote name="bzcat" post="990846"

This is actually a very interesting thought. It would not take much to restyle the Cmax to look like a soft-roader, and a hybrid version at that. Something along the lines of the Subaru Crosstrek.

Along with previous suggestions, change name of C-Max to "Escape-XL", and the "gotta have its" will empty wallets. Also, add a roof rack and tie downs.

For the dreamers, maybe there will be imported FOE manual trans station wagons and BOF full size cars, using F Series chassis?

For realists, I can see them maybe showing a Ranger or Bronco "concept" and Eco Sport

Nothing from Lincoln if BORG's info is correct

Lincoln does not have a press conference which likely means no announcements, that's the info I'm going by. I'm told new Expedition and Mustang MCE for Ford in Detroit. The Navigator is suppose to debut in New York which is where Lincoln usually likes to show off new products or concepts if not Detroit. No concepts in the works from either Ford or Lincoln. It will be a busier 2018 for Ford. I'm really curious right now where the North American Fiesta stands and when that is to be revealed...if at all. Nobody seems to know a thing about it and I'm surprised it's not being announced in Detroit. Maybe New York's Ford announcement.

BTW, naked Expeditions are running the streets of Dearborn with nothing more than camo paint. We should see some spy shots soon if the photographers are out there.

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1