2018 Ford Focus Renders

Their artists are very talented, but given their past history, they're probably off the mark. The front end shows some relation to the 2018 Fiesta, so there's probably more truth there than anywhere else, but the rest looks too derivative of the current model.

I remember a Ford executive (exactly who escapes me) mentioned that future styling will be more evolutionary than revolutionary. As long as they don't go the 2016 Camaro route and make future models nearly identical I think they will be fine. The 2018 Fiesta is a decent start.

If the 2018 looks like that it will have little impact on sales, because it gives a current owner little incentive to upgrade. Aesthetics are what initially drive someone to consider buying a new vehicle. You want that "gotta have it" first impression, not the "seen that before."

I think that is part of the Fusion's sales problem, beyond the market shrinkage.

If the 2018 looks like that it will have little impact on sales, because it gives a current owner little incentive to upgrade. Aesthetics are what initially drive someone to consider buying a new vehicle. You want that "gotta have it" first impression, not the "seen that before."

I think that is part of the Fusion's sales problem, beyond the market shrinkage.

+1

Everything looks the same today, and they have the same capabilities and features. The real trick is not giving them reasons to NOT buy the car. Unfortunately, Focus came up with plenty of reasons. Essentially I don't think styling matters that much anymore but it's good to have something that allures people more than usual.

Edited by BORG

Fusion was only a refresh, not a new model. Nonetheless, +1 for your point.

Everything looks the same today, and they have the same capabilities and features. The real trick is not giving them reasons to NOT buy the car. Unfortunately, Focus came up with plenty of reasons. Essentially I don't think styling matters that much anymore but it's good to have something that allures people more than usual.

It does matter that it's different. If you just finished a lease on a 2013 Focus would you get a new lease on what is essentially the exact same car or would you look for something different?

I love the front egg crate grill rendering..a lil wider..ever so slightly longer would be great..where i want to see an upgrade is in the interior...i would buy a focus..in fact i tried to buy a 5 speed hatch but ford denied me...we are actively right now looking at new fiesta hatch, new focus hatch or the mazda 3 hatch...if ford does give me a 6 speed in the lower end hatch that is going to hard to buy elsewhere..our fiesta is a 2012 and time for a new car...yea i like that rendering..looks ike a sporty grocery getter

Doesn't seem to hurt the Accord or Camary

That's just it - they make refreshes and new models like clockwork. They never go more than 3 years without at least a MCE and no more than 5 without new sheet metal.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 3

I just looked again the other day..we are stuck with that crap pile dct auto in the focus se hatch...unless something has changed in the last few days thats it...we want the manual, cold weather package and a sunroof in a focus se hatch...i think ford even dumped the sunroof on the se hatch in 2017..pretty sure in 2016 i could order that and i know i did look at that...we have been thru that ford build and price and on the 2017's ford really screwed the pooch on us just wanting a focus se hatch that does not have all the electro crap we do not want...i like focuss she likes the focus..

we are waiting until this fall and see what ford went with on the new focus hatch...if we cant get what we want for a grocery getter well what options do we have..new fiesta looks great and the new interior upgrade is needed, but id like something just a little longer and wider...not ruling out the new fiesta as 5 speed, heated seats and a sunroof can be ordered at least as of now..its really coming down to who lets us build a sporty grocery getter hatch with a manual...we will stay with ford if they let us buy a few options we want and dump all the electro crap we do not want...

Agreed that the transmission woes do not help sell the car either, but respectfully disagree that styling doesn't impact peoples' purchasing decisions.

Even with the new Cruze, GM has seen an identical 16.6% drop in sales....

Cruze 226,602 --> 188,876 (That's ~38,000)

Focus 202,478 --> 168,789 (That's ~ 34,000))

The two compacts have both seen similar declines regardless of respective product cycles,

that tells me that in spite of best efforts by GM to stem the tide, there is a growing and

inevitable shift away from people buying compact cars - they want something else.