2018 Ford Mustang

I hate to say it but almost all of the improvements to this Mustang can be attributed to the 6th gen camaro from the Magnetic Suspension system to the variable exhaust. That's the amazing thing about competition, GM is finally giving Ford a kick in the pants to evolve the Mustang. Ford can no longer take it's costumers for granted. I remember when you could count the lifecycle of the Mustang platforms by the decades and a solid rear axle was considered acceptable on a sports car in the 21st century.

In any case, I'm a big fan of the updates.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2018/?hptid=fv-2554-mustang-rvl%3Abillboard%3Aslide0%3Aford%20explorer

Edited by BORG

I hate to say it but almost all of the improvements to this Mustang can be attributed to the 6th gen camaro from the Magnetic Suspension system to the variable exhaust. That's the amazing thing about competition, GM is finally giving Ford a kick in the pants to evolve the Mustang. Ford can no longer take it's costumers for granted. I remember when you could count the lifecycle of the Mustang platforms by the decades and a solid rear axle was considered acceptable on a sports car in the 21st century.

In any case, I'm a big fan of the updates.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2018/?hptid=fv-2554-mustang-rvl%3Abillboard%3Aslide0%3Aford%20explorer

Competition is great, it makes things better. That's why the F Series is so good, it has competent competitors.

You'll find a White 2018 Mustang GT at the AutoShow now.

This launch is a little weird, it's being done somewhat sloppily with no fanfare. It seems like they wanted to just bury this as a press release and not openly talk about it at an event which was only a few days ago. At a show with so few attention-seeking unveilings, a new Mustang could have drawn some significant press. I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with Ford's concern that fanfare around old-school gas-guzzling V8 vehicles like F-150 and Mustang could send the wrong message from a company thought to be falling behind on efficiency and electrification which is why their AutoShow presser focused on those plans instead of product. Ford is exceptionally good at handling the press and tend to lead the way so it's always fun to try and read into their intent.

Edited by BORG
  • Like 1

Well the whole show was for the recycled beer can f150...cant have the stang gettin any press over that...i like the new stang...different color and such and it is looking much better...really its not new how ford has handeled this...69 they released a boss 302 that was grabber yellow with vermilion interior...i doubt that combo was ever sold..hell not many in 69 even new the boss 302 could be ordered...so no biggie...