2018 Ford Mustang

If I were to buy one it would be a magnetic ragtop. But I'm leaning more towards a used Boxster S. Or maybe I can get the Boxster now and pick up a used GT350 coupe in a few years. Decisions, decisions.

Completely agree.. Once my F350 is paid off (2 more years lol), my plan is to have a convertible mustang 5.0 in Magnetic.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

These changes are exactly what was needed! The additional power/low end torque, the configurable gauges, the active exhaust and the mag dampers will bring the Mustang up to the content level of the Camaro while retaining its more friendly daily driver refinement and comfort advantages. Had this been available in the fall of 2016 instead of the fall of 2017, there would be one in my garage right now!

These changes are exactly what was needed! The additional power/low end torque, the configurable gauges, the active exhaust and the mag dampers will bring the Mustang up to the content level of the Camaro while retaining its more friendly daily driver refinement and comfort advantages. Had this been available in the fall of 2016 instead of the fall of 2017, there would be one in my garage right now!

Nothing is stopping you from picking one up and parking it next to the Lincoln.

The instrument panel surround has been refreshed with four new aluminum finishes: Silver Arrow, Engine Spun, Angled Brush and Linked Graphite. There’s also a Carbon Fiber Sport Interior Package, upping your options for a custom look.

Not counting the separate CF package, does this imply an interior trim choice (or model-dependant), or is this a mix of finishes in a single interior?

Not counting the separate CF package, does this imply an interior trim choice (or model-dependant), or is this a mix of finishes in a single interior?

It reads to me that those are different options.. likely paired with each of the different interior trims (i.e. black cloth comes with one, gray cloth with another, black leather with yet another...)

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I'm not that emotional about the styling changes, I don't dislike them and they are enough

to keep the cars fresh in the market place, The dash is a great needed update that allows

owners to personalize their dash with different layouts and I presume multi-color choices.

What will be interesting this time around is the increased power and torque

of the EB 2.3 and V8 combined with the 10-speed auto. that combined with

the new Magneride and tire options should go a long way towards bridging

those perceived deficits to Camaro...

The big difference between Mustang and Camaro at the end of 2016 was that

GM had the superior car but couldn't move the product mix they made,

lots of unsold V6 versions piled up as far as you can see..

Contrast that with Ford's controlled Mustang volume that now lets it sell down

more easily and get to the upgraded 2018 MY without resorting to the kinds

of desperate discounting we see over at GM...

2.3 Ecoboost with transient overboost 10AT and Magneride adds up to a great

package that serves as a nice counterpoint to the V8 GT Mustang, I'm hoping

that these upgrades make Mustang even more popular in Nth America and

internationally.

Edited by jpd80

What things were those?

The boxy and bulbous front-end, from the beginning the designers wanted to lower the fascia but couldn't because of pedestrian crash regulations in Europe. The Mustang has always struggled to look lean and modern and this is definitely a signifiant jump forward.

Although I like the louvered taillights, the hard vertical design didn't do the back any favors. The new sculpted c-shapes flow much better with the carved out back end.

I still think the interior is WAY too retro dopey and over designed, it certainly won't age well, but it has its charms. The new instrument panel makes a huge difference.