MAP changeover rumor thread

fuzzymoomoo

If the selected plants don't get enough to take it, which I think they probably will, but if they don't I hope they offer it at DTP and let others backfill into the positions. I know a few guys with 45+ years that have been waiting for a buyout. One guy is over 70 years old and it's depressing watching him come to work every day. I can think of a lot better things he could be doing.

Sad thing is, they outwork most new-hires so I hate to see them go.

Edited by Pioneer

I know a few guys with 45+ years that have been waiting for a buyout. One guy is over 70 years old and it's depressing watching him come to work every day. I can think of a lot better things he could be doing.

I'd think that's being a bit greedy now-its not like you don't have a pension already, which the vast majority of people don't have. Some of the Government workers that I ran across at Aberdeen when I worked there were doing the same thing-but the buyout ship already passed by and wasn't coming back (people had to move from Jersey to MD to keep their jobs) and they could retire due to age/years worked.

I have two people that work at my place that are 80 years old(!)...we don't have as much physical labor as line worker would experience (we make microelectronic devices), but one of them is doing it so he doesn't have to be around his wife all the time! That in itself is pretty bad. I know my old man said the same thing when he worked at Edison-guys used to come to work (because that's the only thing they knew) and would just drop dead at work.

You never hear anyone on their deathbed ever wish they worked more...very wise advice to keep in the back of your head.

I'd think that's being a bit greedy now-its not like you don't have a pension already, which the vast majority of people don't have. Some of the Government workers that I ran across at Aberdeen when I worked there were doing the same thing-but the buyout ship already passed by and wasn't coming back (people had to move from Jersey to MD to keep their jobs) and they could retire due to age/years worked.

I have two people that work at my place that are 80 years old(!)...we don't have as much physical labor as line worker would experience (we make microelectronic devices), but one of them is doing it so he doesn't have to be around his wife all the time! That in itself is pretty bad. I know my old man said the same thing when he worked at Edison-guys used to come to work (because that's the only thing they knew) and would just drop dead at work.

You never hear anyone on their deathbed ever wish they worked more...very wise advice to keep in the back of your head.

Why is it wrong for a person to decide on their own when to retire? These people hired on when nobody wanted to work for Ford, history will tell you that when these 40 year plus people started the average seniority in production was 5 years. Condition were not as good as today, let them work as long as THEY want.

PS I retired at 62, because I decided that was best for ME. That was 10 years ago because I wanted to.

• Like 2

Like I said- you never heard anyone say on their deathbed, I wanted to work more hours....

There is a lot more to life then working.

As I've said in my post. This guy, Is is great shape. you would be hard pressed to guess his age, I promise you. . I could share more of his story. But I respect him and he is a private man. One thing to note. We can never assume anything as to why someone works for a long time. It can be due to hard times, Or it can be for GREAT reasons/causes etc. Some would rather leave a legacy worth leaving. Than live a life doing nothing.

John?

No.

• Like 1

Leave a legacy. :hysterical: Yeah they will put up a plaque dedicated to his 100 years of service.

Its always a great idea to keep working until your sick or die. To hell with retiring when you are still in great shape, keep working until you cant drive anymore. Then retire to the nursing home.

That guy you said is leaving a legacy and not living a life doing nothing? Guess what working your whole life until you die IS a life doing nothing.

Edited by 182

Leave a legacy. :hysterical: Yeah they will put up a plaque dedicated to his 100 years of service.

Its always a great idea to keep working until your sick or die. To hell with retiring when you are still in great shape, keep working until you cant drive anymore. Then retire to the nursing home.

That guy you said is leaving a legacy and not living a life doing nothing? Guess what working your whole like until you die IS a life doing nothing.

I am sorry Young low seniority Lady, You are mistaking my words and putting them into your very own. In a very immature way I might add ( shows your level maturity). But its OK! You do you, Have a good night little girl.

Edited by wildosvt
  • Like 1

I am sorry Young low seniority Lady, You are mistaking my words and putting them into your very own. In a very immature way I might add ( shows your level maturity). But its OK! You do you, Have a good night little girl.

You all sound like a bunch of cackling hens. Its obnoxious

• Like 1

Thats it? Thats all you got?

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

Socrates

Edited by 182

• 1 month later...

As I've said in my post. This guy, Is is great shape. you would be hard pressed to guess his age, I promise you. . I could share more of his story. But I respect him and he is a private man. One thing to note. We can never assume anything as to why someone works for a long time. It can be due to hard times, Or it can be for GREAT reasons/causes etc. Some would rather leave a legacy worth leaving. Than live a life doing nothing.

"A Legacy" really, We're working in a factory. It's Not a profession like the doctor or lawyer. We're work in a job that You really have to go out of your way to get fired from. And your saying it like it's some big accomplishment. Come on really, that's what your going with " we're building a lagecy!" Come on??

Edited by one of a kind

"A Legacy" really, We're working in a factory. It's Not a profession like the doctor or lawyer. We're work in a job that You really have to go out of your way to get fired from. And your saying it like it's some big accomplishment. Come on really, that's what your going with " we're building a lagecy!" Come on?

I never said it had anything to do with work... Just sayin'. Are you signing for Livonia? :victory:

Edited by wildosvt

• 3 weeks later...